Central Utah Hanging Tree Trail June 27th or 28th.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Hanging Tree Trail Saturday June 28th.

I am trying to convince my wife that we need to escape the heat and spend some time in Spring city that weekend. I would like to see who has interest in doing the famous HTT or 28th. Would also be looking for a local to take us out the top, (James still have your jeep?) as I have no desire to run back down the trail. For those not familiar with the trial i would say it is rated a solid 8/10. Lockers front and rear are needed as well as body armor unless you dont care about your sheet metal. Breakages and or body damage is likely but can be avoided with careful spotting and driving. Tires should be at least 35s unless your rig is a XJ then 33s should be fine ;). Plan on it being a all day event. Post up if you are interested.

Committed:
Me + 2 friends: one full size blazer and one cool Datsun truck.
XJ nate
YROCFAB
Crawlercraig + 2-3 buggy's
omgbecki + 1 jeep

On the fence?
wheelewagon
clfrnacwby
CJ5++ plus friends
Skippy

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I'd love to join you if you did the 28th but I'll have to check with the wife to make sure it works.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I might be able to arrange things so I can attend on Friday the 27th, so you can put me down as a maybe. Saturday the 28th looks highly unlikely for me, but don't change your whole trip just on my account--set it up however you need to and I'll see if I can make an appearance.

Make sure you have a least one winch... :)

This. I know some guys throttle their way up the final waterfall, but I am not that proud. I have a winch and I will happily use it (or a strap) to make that climb.

N-Smooth

Oh I definitely want to try the waterfall but would appreciate it if someone with a winch is there

Cascadia

Undecided
Is like to come also if I have a new trans or entire drivetrain by then. I have a winch but it's a sick down winch and only 6k lbs.

N-Smooth

We could also probably combine a couple of straps and pull like men from what I've seen in the videos

mombobuggy

I think the sign at the Trail head suggests 35 s two lockers and a winch. We watched a jeep tj do it with 35 s and a rear locker but it was obvious why two lockers are needed . It took him forever and he really struggled all day. Do not want to be a smart ass just an observation/opinion. Have a great time on one of my favorite Trails.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I know 35s are recommended but I did it on 33s. Nate knows his XJ really well so I know he will be fine. Might get hung up some but should be fine. But I do agree with the two lockers deal. I would never suggest anyone doing it without two lockers. I have yet to been denied up the last obstacle but if it gets me I do have winch.

N-Smooth

Well alright, we have our winch guy. I always forget you have a winch. Probably because we've never had to use it

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Thats an awfully tight deadline for me to make but if you cant make it Nate we can go in a couple more weeks

N-Smooth

Thats an awfully tight deadline for me to make but if you cant make it Nate we can go in a couple more weeks

Deadlines make great motivators, remember? It depends on what day it's on. If it's the 28th I don't foresee any issues with me being able to make it but if it's the 27th I'm out for sure.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Deadlines make great motivators, remember? It depends on what day it's on. If it's the 28th I don't foresee any issues with me being able to make it but if it's the 27th I'm out for sure.

I dont see it happening but you never know I am balls to the walls on this build until completion. I cant be without a rig it kills me inside

UFAB

Well, we can bring the shop Jeep, sure there is a few toys on it for everyone's safety.

That sounds like a good time, I think I might be able to rally up a few buggies if the time feels right for all.

wheelewagon

I might be down to take the jku on it depending on the date. I've seen jku's do it. There was A video on here somewhere showing n8rb8r taking his yellow jku up the waterfall.