Hanging Tree Trail (Update)

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Hanging Tree Trail,

legal condition

so far this trail is still open, pending further court results, if you use this trail please continue to be respectful and use your best judgement of responsible land use, and be mindful of peoples personal property, and stay to the trail and exit road so that we can hopefully continue to enjoy this trail

nature condition

Most of the snow is melted out of there, tons of water rushing down the trail, several trees have fallen over the trail, some bridging over the trail, taller rigs may not be able to pass underneath before they are cut out with a big chain saw. others have fallen over the trail becomeing new obstackles, and some have been drug out of the way. Trail has become somewhat harder than last year so be advised.

I havent been up there personally to check the trail, just got updated from a trusted source after they ran the trail last weekend. they made it to the top.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Thanks for the update. Sounds like someone needs to go check it out ASAP. What's your schedule like Saturday? :D

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
Hanging Tree Trail,

legal condition

so far this trail is still open, pending further court results, if you use this trail please continue to be respectful and use your best judgement of responsible land use, and be mindful of peoples personal property, and stay to the trail and exit road so that we can hopefully continue to enjoy this trail

nature condition

Most of the snow is melted out of there, tons of water rushing down the trail, several trees have fallen over the trail, some bridging over the trail, taller rigs may not be able to pass underneath before they are cut out with a big chain saw. others have fallen over the trail becomeing new obstackles, and some have been drug out of the way. Trail has become somewhat harder than last year so be advised.

I havent been up there personally to check the trail, just got updated from a trusted source after they ran the trail last weekend. they made it to the top.

Thanks for the info James and all yours and your clubs work on keeping this trail open. If you need any help, just let me know.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Hanging Tree Trail,

legal condition

I can't stress this enough. I'm personal friends with all the parties involved, and they all have valid arguments. PLEASE don't break down fences, or mess with others property, we need to police ourselves, a little respect will go a long way in this.

ozzy702

I can't stress this enough. I'm personal friends with all the parties involved, and they all have valid arguments. PLEASE don't break down fences, or mess with others property, we need to police ourselves, a little respect will go a long way in this.

Is there anything else we can do keep this trail open? I haven't even ran it yet but it looks great.

ozzy702

Im heading down in a couple weeks! I cant wait.

And of course.........we will be respectfull

Cheston do you have the dates you'll be down there? I'd love to tag along for some fun. I haven't seen your scout for quite awhile but from the build thread it looks badass.

Venture13

Copy that, I am interested. My girl lives in Spanish Fork, so I am open to some of those Trails further South of Layton. Looked at some vids on youtube of the Hanging Tree trail, looks fun. Wonder how much water is running through it though.

Here is the article in the sanpete messenger.
http://news.sanpetemessenger.com
or
http://news.sanpetemessenger.com/wp-content/uploads/sanpete-messenger-latest.pdf
Article starts at bottom of front page. This canyon is full of sanpete history, indian lore and gorgeous scenery. I completely understand the landowners stand, it is just sad to see it comes to this due to irresponsible and careless people. This is one of my favorite places in sanpete, lets hope it stays open.

Ran the trail a couple months ago up to first falls, but too much snow immediately after.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Here is the article in the sanpete messenger.
http://news.sanpetemessenger.com
or
http://news.sanpetemessenger.com/wp-content/uploads/sanpete-messenger-latest.pdf
Article starts at bottom of front page. This canyon is full of sanpete history, indian lore and gorgeous scenery. I completely understand the landowners stand, it is just sad to see it comes to this due to irresponsible and careless people. This is one of my favorite places in sanpete, lets hope it stays open.

Ran the trail a couple months ago up to first falls, but too much snow immediately after.

I understand the landowners concern also, but Im also concerned that if a landowner can get the County Commisioners to close or gate and controll a county/public road Im scared of what other public access could be lost. all involved in this have legitimate concern, hope it works out.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Went to Hanging tree last friday.

The trail was awesome! None of us could get the waterfall tho. With the rain there was A LOT of water coming down. I ended up slashing a tire on the rock ledge on the left at the top.

We picked up WAAAAAYYYYYYYY to much garbage. There were water jugs, gatorade bottles and beer cans every where.

I hated seeing that with the battle thats going on with this trail. Just more ammunition for them.