Hanging Tree with the Hottness!!! 29Jun2013

CSR

Agreed on the sticky Treps. I had my recently-finished 4 seat buggy on Hell's revenge last year with 40 inch sticky Treps. The big hot tub was full of water, but I thought I would dip my toes (tires) in and give it the ol' college try. My very first half-throttle attempt resulted in a "Holy crap! I'm climbing!", and I was out of the tub eight seconds later. No burning the tires first, and not a lot of momentum, just suction cups on sandstone that don't seem to care if it's wet or dry. Stickies are the stuff!

1adam12

THE BEAST
wow you guys not making the last waterfall makes me feel way better about not making it, such a fun trail.

Ima9er

Crazy Man
ryan it's ok that you didn't have any pics of us, we didn't get far enough to really say it was worth the trip. so on the way out. I flattened 2 tires, and shawn had 1 flat. as we were bomming out the entrance cam caught up with us, and just as he did my brand new fuel pump gave out. so thank fully he was there to tow me, cause with shawn's broken yoke he couldn't have towed me out. last year we made it to the first waterfall and almost the car wash before we turned around, due to cranky 6 year old girl, and a tired wife. I realize that im not going on that trail again, til I have bead locks on my jeep.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
ryan it's ok that you didn't have any pics of us, we didn't get far enough to really say it was worth the trip. so on the way out. I flattened 2 tires, and shawn had 1 flat. as we were bomming out the entrance cam caught up with us, and just as he did my brand new fuel pump gave out. so thank fully he was there to tow me, cause with shawn's broken yoke he couldn't have towed me out. last year we made it to the first waterfall and almost the car wash before we turned around, due to cranky 6 year old girl, and a tired wife. I realize that im not going on that trail again, til I have bead locks on my jeep.

If any trail in the west requires beadlocks, its the HTT. Cool seeing you guys up there. That was the first time ive been up the htt with a rekluse clutch on my bike.. love it as much as beadlocks on the buggy.

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
James, you should fab a sign for the last waterfall, since it's named after your Dad - Gordy's Launch. When I think of that obstacle, I still see Gordon going full throttle with his Wagoneer buggy up that fall on those awesome 34X9.50/15 TSLs, and usually making it.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
James, you should fab a sign for the last waterfall, since it's named after your Dad - Gordy's Launch. When I think of that obstacle, I still see Gordon going full throttle with his Wagoneer buggy up that fall on those awesome 34X9.50/15 TSLs, and usually making it.

yep back then no one new it was possible to make it without a winch until he got a bug and railed it., good stuff for sure..might have to, ive thought of making up trail maps with mileage and names of all the obstacles. many dont know the names, Hubscratcher, Nicks tumble, Offramp, Pancake, Sluicebox, Gomer pile, Jungle gym, Stairway, Rock garden, Jermeys waterfall, Billies bypass, Carwash, Gordys Launch.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
yep back then no one new it was possible to make it without a winch until he got a bug and railed it., good stuff for sure..might have to, ive thought of making up trail maps with mileage and names of all the obstacles. many dont know the names, Hubscratcher, Nicks tumble, Offramp, Pancake, Sluicebox, Gomer pile, Jungle gym, Stairway, Rock garden, Jermeys waterfall, Billies bypass, Carwash, Gordys Launch.

I'll have to do another run up with you so I can try to learn the names of all the obstacles.

Ima9er

Crazy Man
i would love some info on all the names, i didn't even know about the names til now.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
i would love some info on all the names, i didn't even know about the names til now.

Its pretty handy to know the names, in the case that you are doing a recovery or something it makes it easier to explain to someone where your at on the trail. We generally over the years as someone was able to conquer an obstacle unassisted for the first time we let them name it. there are a few obstacles on the trail that dont have names only because they were not always obstacles, the trail has changed some in the past 18 years.