Hardest trails near St. George

93TJ

I'm trying to get a good feel for the hardest trails in or near St. George. I'm thinking mostly in the Sand Hollow area. If you would, name the three hardest trails. Thanks

93TJ

Thanks for the link, that pretty much sums up the sand hollow area, what else is hard in the outlying areas? (Outside of sand hollow)

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
There is a trail called Dutchmans which is out on the Arizona strip past warner valley. I have never been on it but they say its pretty hard. 8-9s. There is another trail called the squeeze that is up past gunlock reservoir I have wheeled it several times and I would say it is a solid 8/10 Body damage is likely on both these trail with full bodied rigs but doable in full bodied rigs also. Both are not run very often and both you need someone to show you where they are at.

93TJ

I'm familiar with gunlock reservoir, and I'd be interested in doing the squeeze; does anybody have any gps coordinates for that trail?

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I'm familiar with gunlock reservoir, and I'd be interested in doing the squeeze; does anybody have any gps coordinates for that trail?

This is about the start of the trail head. You drop into the wash on the right hand (NE) side of the road and follow it up. Do not go buy yourself. I have seen buggies break and get stuck that need winching/assistance getting out. There is a way to get out that doesn't take you back down all the obstacles but you kind of need to know where it is. Hard to explain. The trail ends after a 8 foot + tall waterfall that most winch up but a few can drive it. Turn Left up the hill side and follow the tracks back. Good Luck but it really is best if you go with someone that knows the trail. I am not sure if anyone has GPS coordinates for it yet.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...13774,0.027788&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=16&z=16