Harnesses

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
I'm going to be getting some 4-point harnesses as soon as I get a check, my question is this: Do you like the removable shoulder straps or the ones where they are sewn?

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
The ones that have a loop that goes around the lap belt? For some reason I don't see people using those ones. Don't know, I've never used them. I like mine, but they do take a little bit of time to put on. I wonder if they would pull up strangely on the lap belt, since they pull from the sides, not the buckle. Whatever you do, put in the "sterilizer" belt. It actually makes things more comfortable, since it prevents the shoulder belts from pulling up on the lap belts. Plus I think it's just the right thing to do for society. :p

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Removable, I guess...at least, the shoulder straps buckle in with their own buckles. The sewn ones are harder to put on, since you have to stick your arms/shoulders through the holes rather than just throwing the straps over your shoulders.

I agree about using the 5th belt, also--it scared me and I didn't use it until comp rules required me to, but I really like them.

1993yj

If you dont want to run the shoulder belts, just loosen them and slide them off. I do that a lot and just run the lap belt so I can see outside or the rig.

Whatever you do, put in the "sterilizer" belt. It actually makes things more comfortable, since it prevents the shoulder belts from pulling up on the lap belts. Plus I think it's just the right thing to do for society. :p

Ummm, that sort of frightens me. I might be wanting another baby one of these days and Chris isn't on board that train yet so I don't want any more deterrents! :rofl:

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Do you like the removable shoulder straps or the ones where they are sewn?

I really like our removable ones
sim-29061bk.jpg

It actually makes things more comfortable, since it prevents the shoulder belts from pulling up on the lap belts. :p

I agree, it's a lot more comfortable.

FWIW I like the 3" straps, but Kami hates them

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
i just loosen and slip mine off my shoulders when i want to be able to move. i like having them there when i need them and i wear them most of the time. i just really tighten them when i do obstacles

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
I've been needing some real harnesses for a while now :eek:. I now feel equipped to make a decision. Thanks for all the input.:D