Has anyone had anything stolen out of their jeep?

JPNGRL44

Unhealthy Obsession
Just wondering how safe my jeep is this summer with the top down and doors off? Should i lock eveything up or is that just asking for more damage?:confused: How easy is it to how wire it?

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I don't trust anyone. I don't leave anything in my jeep that I can't afford to have stolen. I picked up one of those tuffy security consouls so i could lock up some stuff.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Ditto. I've got the Tuffy locking center console with the stereo mounted in it. I don't leave anything else in the jeep. Well, my rain cover is folded down behind the rear seat, but no one has ever bothered it in the four years I've had it.

Caleb

rusted said:
I don't trust anyone. I don't leave anything in my jeep that I can't afford to have stolen. I picked up one of those tuffy security consouls so i could lock up some stuff.
what he said...

I have had quite a few things stpolen out of my Jeep including, stereos, GPS, Oakleys, school work :rolleyes:, etc. A tuffy box is on m list of things to get but for now I just don't leave anything in there I can't afford to loose.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
rusted said:

Yep, I dd'd the Bronco with the top for 14 years. Tuffy, or other lock box for anything you did not plan to through away, because it wouldn't be there when you got back. Even the Miata with the top down has the same problem.
:mad2:

embabe

My own epidemic!
I agree with the above... tuffy consoles are the way to go. I've had pretty much everything stolen from my jeep, so I don't leave anything too expensive in it. Plus, my alarm on my jeep has a kill switch on the engine so you pretty much have to have the remote to turn it off.

O'neal

?????????
I dont drive a jeep but my runner is pretty well gutted-no door's,top,tailgate the dash has been blocked where the stereo used to go.The only thing's I have with me are my tool's/set of hub's,seal's etc which is locked and the box is welded to the frame:D Only thing's That people can steal is my CB/antenna and is hooked up to the stock dash speaker's and they have not been touched yet.It's funny nobody will thieve a CB,but they seem to latch on to everything else.I leave it unattended all the time whether it's out in the alley,parked in front,or left wherever,sometime's it's for day's..There is a riff raff running everywhere you go and even here it would bother me leaving an open ride with Item's inside while I went into wally for a bit,I would'nt do it in a city......

ace

Parts Collector
I'm pretty sure that as long as you don't leave Utah Valley, nothing will ever be stolen from your Jeep.:D

Bart

Yeah right. I live in Happy Valley, in a decent neighborhood. I've walked out to the Jeep several times to find stuff missing. I don't lock the doors because I don't want the top cut. My daughter and son have had their cars broken into. I hate thieves.-_-

bobmed

- - - -
My roommate has had subwoofers stolen out of her jeep.
They cut her windows on the soft top.
In the area I live they will steal the dog crap off your
lawn if they think they can sell it.

TELFORD

its a work in progress
anything within site or a quick grab are all items that could be lost. Help keep the honest people honest by geting a tuffy box or something of the kind. That will deter most. However, a jeep is a easy target and can be stolen in a matter of seconds. Speaking from first hand experience, I whent out to go to lunch, and my Jeep was gone. people who steal are worthles in my opinion and should all be put to death. Face it if you have something of value, dont leave it in the Jeep, and hope that the jeep stays where you left it

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Sunglasses!!! Someone stole my stupid $15 sunglasses sitting on my dash (top was off).

my4thjeep

I had some stuff stolen once but it was with the top on. I was at UVSC for some job training and I forgot to lock the tail gate. They crawled in and stole everything not attached and none of which had any value.

I lost a ski parka from the late 80's. Used to stay warm and dry during the spring and fall and too ugly to steal. It had been in my jeeps for over ten years. They stole some clothes I was using to paint my friends house in. They stole all my burned cd's. The worst part was they stole $3 in pennies from the cup holder. I figured any one that desperate needed the stuff more than I did.