has anyone ran thornbirds ?

Im thinking of running thornbirds under my xj after the 8" lift. 35x14.5x15 i think. Has anyone ran these ? Im concerned with highway ride since im pretty sure they be fine here in the mud. O ya specs.

4.0L
d30/c8.25
4.56 soon

Daily Driver

nvrstsfyd

Donating Member
I ran a set I really liked them in the dirt! They were no good in snow & on the highway the lugs chuncked off clear to the cord with almost three quarters of tread left.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
JeepTJ38 said:
Im thinking of running thornbirds under my xj after the 8" lift. 35x14.5x15 i think. Has anyone ran these ? Im concerned with highway ride since im pretty sure they be fine here in the mud. O ya specs.

4.0L
d30/c8.25
4.56 soon

Daily Driver

Dude, April 1st was a few months ago................

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
have them on my bros sami and they suck... they do not conform whatsoever, they are rock hard and the tread is so thick they suck!!!!!
they are way loud on the road at speeds upward of like 10 mph.
plus they are expensive, just get some irocs or mtrs

iwakunijeeper

*** Ambassador to Japan
I ran TRXUS MT'S on my 02 grand cherokee for the entire time I had it (roughly a year) and it was my DD I have nothing bad to say about them. I took them through mud, on the rocks, 75mph on a snow covered freeway. They took me from cali to utah about 7 or 8 times and they still wore well. I loved those tires and I know that others have loved them too. SUKAB runs them on his tow rig I think and he said he likes them. I really have never heard anything bad about them. Only thing I might be able to say negative is that they are kind of heavy but that is it. Just my .02

I had T-birds when I was young and dumb. Then I went to bfg mudds and I was so blown away with how much better they were. The T-birds were 31's and the bfg's were 33's but the jeep was actually faster with the 33's since they're so much lighter. Plus I break less shafts.
I love the BFG's by the way, they're awesome.

utahxjer

JeepTJ38 said:

4.0L
d30/c8.25
4.56 soon

Daily Driver
I had that exact size on my XJ when I lifted it(only because they came free with my rims) I had them on for about 1/2 day because I had death wobble soo bad I couldn't stay on the road!!!!!!!!!!1 :ugh: :ugh: :eek: Do not get them

ShortShaft

user
Vendor
utahxjer said:
I had them on for about 1/2 day because I had death wobble soo bad I couldn't stay on the road!

Yep. Those things are loud, stiff, and get death wobble like crazy. MTRs or BFG muds are great for all around daily driving and the weekend trail ride.