Has anyone read Footsteps In The Wilderness or...

Moon

Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone read Footsteps In The Wilderness , Gold of Carre-Shinob, The Utah Gold Rush, Of Men And Gold, Lost Gold of the Unitah, Nachi, Tresures of the Ancients or any thing along those lines?
Just seeing if their is anyone else out there interested in that stuff.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Read/Own most of those, I know EZ has read a couple as well...

I worked with a guy that still goes out with the younger Rhoades and searches for this stuff... he has some pretty amazing stories to tell... ;)

Moon

My great great Grandpa Daniels was one of the ones that was taken by the Utes to see the sacred gold. So I have heard these stories for years, and then When I worked on the wolf creek pass I was amazed how many people know these stories, But I didn't get in to the books until a year or so ago. And I am absolutely amazed that for how much information on this Stuff there is out there discovery or some one hasn't tried to do some big documentary on it.

BOB-CAT

THE PUNISHER
I have read about, and went to some of the places and was corresponding with George A. Thompson before he passed away. The History of lost treasures on the Old Spanish Trail got me into it, and because we are hunting, fishing and 4X4ing I keep my eyes open.

StrobeNGH

no user title
Originally posted by MudSlideJeeps
Has anyone read Footsteps In The Wilderness , Gold of Carre-Shinob, The Utah Gold Rush, Of Men And Gold, Lost Gold of the Unitah, Nachi, Tresures of the Ancients or any thing along those lines?
Just seeing if their is anyone else out there interested in that stuff.

Boy, THAT brings back memories. I remember spending summers at Camp Steiner and hearing everyone talk about the lost gold mine near there which produced all of the gold for the SL Temple.

Made us eager to go on hikes though!

BOB-CAT

THE PUNISHER
MudSlideJeeps said:
My great great Grandpa Daniels was one of the ones that was taken by the Utes to see the sacred gold. So I have heard these stories for years, and then When I worked on the wolf creek pass I was amazed how many people know these stories, But I didn't get in to the books until a year or so ago. And I am absolutely amazed that for how much information on this Stuff there is out there discovery or some one hasn't tried to do some big documentary on it.

If I remember, Mel Fisher (the founder of the Atocha ) went up to the reservation, and using some maps and infrared photos with G. A. Thompson discoverd some treasure before G.A. Thompson passed away .
I knew a girl that used to bring reservation newspapers into me so I coud keep track of it.
It always looked like Indiana Jones stuff, but Fun.

Moon

BOB-CAT said:
If I remember, Mel Fisher (the founder of the Atocha ) went up to the reservation, and using some maps and infrared photos with G. A. Thompson discoverd some treasure before G.A. Thompson passed away .
I knew a girl that used to bring reservation newspapers into me so I coud keep track of it.
It always looked like Indiana Jones stuff, but Fun.

I don't know what to think anymore alot of these authors are in it for the gold that is for sure. but they accept the green :ugh:
Some say one thing and others say some thing else :confused: but one thing is for sure, the gold is there, but well guarded, I belive.
I really was excited, me and a friend were getting close to Shaffer.. untill we found out he just makes up alot of the stuff he writes, but he dose get his materal from other authors, take that for what its worth.
I kinda wanted to pal around with some of the RMEers that live around the Unitas and sit around camp fires and shoot the sh!t and go on all the secret trails around up there

Moon

Have you read Borens THE GOLD OF CARRE-SHINOB?
If so what did you think of the last chapter?
The tomb of solid gold basicly.
after I read that book I look at alot of thing differently. If there is any truth to any of these books and with my belifes of the book of morman and the accounts of Joseph Smith on Hill sides of being opened up to him and seeing wagon loads of records,,,,, gold or not I jsut want to see something like that and have more information on this lost people. I could go on and on about this all night but I cant type as fast as my mind is racing right now :confused: :rofl: :eek: :ugh: ;)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
A good freind of mine (and past co-worker) dis alot of mining in his day... he worked in the Blind-Miner Mine up Big Cottonwood and he and his partner own a few mine claims up Big and Little... At one time he and Rhoades went on several "exploration" trips... the treasures still exist... its just a matter of getting to them.

BOB-CAT

THE PUNISHER
MudSlideJeeps said:
Have you read Borens THE GOLD OF CARRE-SHINOB?
If so what did you think of the last chapter?
The tomb of solid gold basicly.
After I read that book I started to look at alot of things differently. If there is any truth to any of these books, and with my beliefs of the Book of Mormon, and the accounts of Joseph Smith on hill sides being opened up to him and seeing wagon loads of records,,,,, gold or not, I just want to see something like that and have more information on this lost people. I could go on and on about this all night but I can't type as fast as my mind is racing right now :confused: :rofl: :eek: :ugh: ;)

Yes.
Good stoies. It is hard to believe that Cortez and Coronado pushed, or chased this up here ?
Bob

BOB-CAT

THE PUNISHER
I think their was a few story’s about the Spanish coming back up in the late 1800's and mining all summer up above Spanish Fork then heading back south and if the Indians caught them they killed all of them all then deposited the gold?

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I'd make a "few" midnight runs and deposit the gold somewhere else... :guilty:

"Hey guys!!! Look what I found in my basement!!!" :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Anyone have a link to the gold found in Delta? I've been out of town all weekend and hadn't heard of this :confused:

PS, I picked up a couple more books on these subjects since this post was started. Good reading. :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor