Has anyone tried the truck avenger carb

rockbronc

I was thinking of buying a truck avenger for my bronco, but I wanted to get some info first. How does it run at angles? I have an edelbrock carb now, but even with the off-road needles and seats, it runs like crap at any angle. Let me know your thoughts. Unfortunately I can't afford injection right now.:-\

Last edited:

oxbronco

I got one when they first came out, infact i still have it sitting on the shelf. I had nothing but problems with mine. I spent hours on the phone with a holley tech. They sent me out new metering blocks twice. I could never get it to run right. I finally got fed up with it and put a q-jet on my truck. It runs great, still not the best on angle but alot better than any other carb i have ran.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I run one on the commando with a built 350. The carb woke that motor right up. As typical, the carb took some dialing in to get it just right. I really haven't wheeled it much on angles so I can't give you feed back there.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I ran one for a couple years. Did pretty good. I switched to a edelbrock with the offroad kit. Honestly it was about the same.

Did you bend your floats to the right height when installing the offroad kit? They are usually pretty impressive for a carb

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
My dad ran the truck avenger on his bronco for years, never did like it. very touchy, and sucked when trying to bump up over ledges, when he dropped in the 460 we put on an edelbrock 850 with the offroad kit, I love it, definitely the best carb I have ever had.

Cherokeester

Sorry to be the positive one but my truck avenger on my amc 304 runs perfectly at all angles and has never loaded once in three years. I have a projection system sitting in a box that I have never needed. I love this carb! You have to make sure you do not over carb your motor which is a common mistake most people make and they almost always run to rich.

del0075

Sorry to be the positive one but my truck avenger on my amc 304 runs perfectly at all angles and has never loaded once in three years. I have a projection system sitting in a box that I have never needed. I love this carb! You have to make sure you do not over carb your motor which is a common mistake most people make and they almost always run to rich.

i like mine as well

I haven't run the TA, but I did mod my Holley 2300 with many of the TA options such as a spring loaded needle, baffled fuel bowl, center hung float, vent whistle, and extended vent tube. I noticed a considerable positive difference with those changes. It's still a carb, so it doesn't match the performance of FI, and it does take a lot of adjusting and regular maintenance.