Headers

mariocherokee

'12 4Runner
The crack in my exhaust maniford has gotten increasingly bigger since the last time I got it inspected and it is definately not going to pass this time. Does anybody have suggestions for an aftermarker set of headers? Something that won't crack perhaps? I would rather not pay the rediculous price for another stock one that will most likely crack again. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I am guessing this is for a 4.0? I have never researched them but some general rules apply to all headers. Most important is a thick flange. You dont want to worry about leaks. 3/8 should be minimum. Use a good gasket. I know that Earls makes a great one but they may not offer one for your application. HPC also sells some of the best but they might not have 4.0 ones. Look around and don't use cheap ones. Coatings are also a good investment. If you don't buy them precoated Take them to HPC and have them coated inside and out. Do this before you install them because it will cost more if they have been used. The price of the treatment might scare you but it will make them last many years longer.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I am going with the banks on my wrangler. the flange is gi-normous and it is a nice piece....banks all the way!!!

Ohms

'Poser Wheeler
Alright guys, sounds like your leading him in the right direction for the header, but here is another option. Go to a junkyard and see if they have a 4.0 out of a 93+Cherokee. It should(I said should) have a very thick flanged full length header, not an exhaust manifold. As for the HPC advise...I highly recomend that you coat the headers for the exact reason that you cracked the manifold...reduc the heat and the part will last longer. With that being said,I will hook anybody up that is from the RME board and get them a great deal on coatings(yep I work there) and thanks for the props...