Heading to Moab on May 10th -14th

Zoriloco

Hi to everyone. My family and I are planning to do our frist trip to Moab this upcoming May. We will be running the Kokopelli Trail from Fruita Colorado into Moab and then run a couple of trails. I wanted to see if any one is interested in running some moderate trails during the week with us. We have one mild rig (mine) and a stock TJ.

Im still open on what trails to run and times.

Thanks

Zoriloco

Hey not everyone at the same time guys.. I cant take you all.. hehehe

I know there is still time to plan it out. Wanted to do it with enough time if someone needed to move things around.

Meat_

Banned
A lot of people on here will be going to Moab for the RME Memorial BBQ and your dates are a little close to that for people to be able to do both. Maybe you could alter your plans and end up in Moab for the BBQ?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I could be convinced to run the Koko with you. What's you plan as far as that trail is concerned, are you going to do it in one long day?

Memorial BBQ? Never heard of it. Does it get as crazy as the EJS? I kind of want to avoid big crowds.

This year will be the third annual RME BBQ and it's way mellow. I can't remember exactly, but I think last year we had something like 50 people there? It's just a fun evening with dinner and an opportunity to meet people and put names with faces. There will be an announcement about the BBQ with more information once we get closer to Memorial Day. :)

98XJROKS

I'll be there May 6th, but I think I'll be leaving by the 10th. Is that your first day there?
I'll also be there with two other jeeps for about ten days in April?

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Hey Meat, is there a nice variance in the type of rigs that show up? I don't want to show up and be the only little guy there with 33's by then.

Meat_

Banned
Yes there is. They tend to pick easier trails so everyone can hit them... last year was Hell's Revenge, small rigs can get through and there are enough optionals to keep buggy guys entertained. There tend to be unoccupied seats as well :)

Zoriloco

I could be convinced to run the Koko with you. What's you plan as far as that trail is concerned, are you going to do it in one long day?

Thanks for all the replies im only concerned it will be to hot during Memorial Day Weekend

Greg, the idea is to run it in 2 days, then stay in Moab till the 14th doing some easy-moderate trails. We are planning on taking our 1 year old and my other buddy is planning on taking his 9 year old nephew. So we would like to take it nice and easy and enjoy the trail. Once we get to Moab get a hotel for the first night and camp out the last night of the trip. It would be great if you can join us.

Last edited:

Zoriloco

No it doesn't. It's just a bunch of people from here.

This year will be the 3rd annual, here is the trip report from 2007 and here is the one from 2008

Thanks for the links.. It looks pretty cool. On your first post it says the heat was pretty bad. Is that common during May? Wouldnt want to put the baby thru that. Also you all ride buggy's. Im only on 33's Open/LS and my other friends are stock. (TJ and Liberty) Still not sure if the wife will take her Xterra.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
No, The idea is to run it in 2 days, then stay in Moab till the 14th doing some easy-moderate trails. We are planning on taking our 1 year old and my other buddy is planning his 9 year old nephew. So we would like to take it nice and easy and enjoy the trail. Once we get to Moab get a hotel for the first night and camp out the last night of the trip. It would be great if you can join us.

That would be wise to do it in 2 days, especially with a stock TJ. Rose Garden hill will be quite a challenge for him. Since you're breaking it up over 2 days you will probably end up camping 1/2 way, probably around Cisco.

When I ran the Koko this Fall we camped at Top of the World. It was an extra side trip, but fun.

Keep me posted when the trip gets closer, my schedule is pretty open these days.

Meat_

Banned
Thanks for the links.. It looks pretty cool. On your first post it says the heat was pretty bad. Is that common during May? Wouldnt want to put the baby thru that. Also you all ride buggy's. Im only on 33's Open/LS and my other friends are stock. (TJ and Liberty) Still not sure if the wife will take her Xterra.

It was warm in '07 but it was actually a tad cold in '08... gotta love Utah :D

As Greg said, there may very well be some mild trail(s) this year.

Zoriloco

The 10th I'll be leaving From Fruita thru the Koko trail. Probably wont be in Moab until the 11th in the PM.

I'll be there May 6th, but I think I'll be leaving by the 10th. Is that your first day there?
I'll also be there with two other jeeps for about ten days in April?