Heat shielding to the bottom of a suspension seat?

midog

What would you think about adding some .040 aluminum with some self adhesive insulation to the bottom of my Corbeau Baja suspension seats? I have about 4 – 5” of space between my exhaust and the bottom of the seat (exhaust tubing is wrapped with DEI header insulation, (excluding the exhaust tip)). And I have 1 – 2” between my seat and my steel tubed radiator lines (no insulation or wrap).

I am debating if it would be better to add the heat shielding to the frame or just to the bottom of the seat? I would get better support for the shielding if I could just zip tie it to the seat, but I do not know if the suspension in the seat will need more movement than I am anticipating? Or if the shielding would work better with some space between it and the seat (attaching it to the chassis).

Does anyone have any recommendations?

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
Whether you attach it to the seat or via some standoffs to the chassis I would glue 2 pieces of .040 together with high temp RTV for even more insulation and some sound damping.

midog

Whether you attach it to the seat or via some standoffs to the chassis I would glue 2 pieces of .040 together with high temp RTV for even more insulation and some sound damping.

I am getting some .090 maybe that would work better? What about sandwiching the insulation with (2) pieces of .040?

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
Sure...the more dead air, the better. :D

I would still use the RTV to stick it all together, the stuff is great for insulating and waterproofing whatever foam/insulation you are using.