Heber/Midway

Samersen

My wife and I are looking at moving up to Heber or Midway. We have found some sweet short sales, and then on old old house on .25 acres that needs a lot of work, we think would be fun to spend the summer and build it up to be live able. But anyway does anyone have experience with Heber/Midway. We love the small town feel with the ability to run to Provo in 30 minutes, Park City in 15, and Salt Lake in 45. But do you guys know how the community is, is it open or closed? Would others want to live there?

Cascadia

Undecided
I have always wanted to live there. It is where I want to end up but convincing my wife is hard. She says 30 minutes is too far to drive to both our parents. On a non winter day going about the speed limit it usually takes us 22-24 minutes. Everyone we meet and talk to seems to be really nice and it seems like a lot of people know other people. We like the midway side but that's just us.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I think it's a great place, and more conservative than I thought it would be. We also looked at living there, but after realizing their winter season is like 6 months long we decided against it.

Samersen

We really like the Midway side as well. And have one short sale offer in Heber and another in Midway. My parents live over by Wanship and my wives parents live in Washington, so there is no way we can stay with in 30 minutes of each ;) Midway is the side we would love to be on but it is a lot more expensive.

Tonkaman

I grew up in Heber and wish I could go back. The number 1 problem with living in Heber is having to commute so far to work and planning to be snowed several times in the winter. The community is very open considering the valleys population has doubled in the last 10-15 years so there aren't that many 'natives' left. When you think of midway, Heber, charleston, Daniels it's all the same just find the right house on the right piece of land.

RogueJeepr

Here!
My grandparents lived in midway for a bit then moved over to heber then moved back to salt lake when it became too much . Too much as in ; It got costly to get someone to come from SL to fix a furnace or other. Things were just soo much closer in SL .
I spent a few summers at their cabin in midway, within riding distance of Homestead . That cabin was just a few that didnt burn down in the big fire they had years ago.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Not to hijack too bad... but Greg, How do you like working for the RR?

It has it's ups and downs like any job... it's more of a career though. It's very different compared to most jobs, Union, positions are based on seniority, etc. I enjoy the work I do, but sometimes the company gets heavy-handed with rules. It pays pretty well, good benefits, great retirement. Let me know if you want more info Dan!