Hebert vetoed the concealed weapons amendment bill. No Constitutional Carry in Utah

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I am pretty indifferent on this as well. I personally feel that every state should be a constitutional carry state but that isn't going to happen. I have my permit and will continue to keep it up to date simply because it allows me to carry in so many states.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
It boils down to open carry without scaring all the gun fearing people. You can open carry now but will get all sorts of looks and scare people. Pull your shirt over the outside of your gun and now you are doing the same thing but not getting looks and scaring people. I don't understand why it is any different. If LE needs to maintain the element of surprise, they still have it because you can't be loaded.

So if Herbert is so scared of anyone legally in possession of a firearm actually carrying it why is he OK with our current open carry laws.

I don't personally open carry or see it as a useful practice but I don't dismiss one's right to do it. If you want to, go for it. One possible benefit I see to open carry is if it was done in large numbers regularly, people would start to understand guns are not scary and you don't need to fear a law abiding person who has one.