Helldorado and BFE Easy Squeezy

surgeryturtle

RedRoxx
This report is photo heavy so bear with me!

Melissa & Redroxx

April 12th, 2010

The Samurai’s and the BFJ (Big Fat Jeep) decided it was time to run Upper Helldorado. Gary and Rick were first timers on this trail and I have only been on it once before so we were a bit nervous about the potential carnage. We noticed that someone had knocked over the Helldorado sign which makes NO sense. Either drive around the GateKeeper or go through. Why take your rig up there? Oh well, Jeff said he would fix it during our clean up BFE day.

Anyway, you can see the line up as Jeff drops into the first obstacle.

His drive was uneventful so we are moving on to the “posers”. Gary Lee with a thumbs-up and a nice wheel lift on the Gate Keeper.

Not to be out done, here comes Rick in his Purple Jeep Eater. Too many hams in this group. Sheesh!

To the next obstacle which I heard called High Five. I’m sure this one has multiple names, some I probably cannot list here.
Gary Lee shows a good line.

Redroxx needs to climb a bit higher on the rock to squeeze through, full-width axles you know…..

Bad Cat climbs up with a wave and a flourish!

Rick shows that its no big deal.

Next to the break over rock obstacle. This one really challenges the longer wheel base, more room to get hung up on the old belly pan. Jeff drove it perfectly.

Over EZ is trying to get a tire purchase. No luck! STUCK!

Big old Redroxx is stuck too! Anybody want to give me a push?

Jim started out looking great. Go Jim go!

Oops! Shake that Sami off the rock!

This little Sami is REALLY stuck. The poor tires are just hanging in space. Time for a pull!

Susan makes it MOSTLY unassisted. There might have been a small push that we’ve been unable to verify.

Now to the waterfall. Everyone elected to take a winch.

Although these photos almost look like Gary climbed it.

Here’s the Samurai’s, all in a row. Cute, huh?

surgeryturtle

RedRoxx
After Helldorado, we decided to go run Easy Squeezy. So, it was up Minor Threat where Susan found a bit of a problem. This little axle breaking obstacle on Minor Threat is getting a bit harder as time goes on. WMNDRVR’s rear was down in a hole, giving a nice tire lift.

And more! Watch out for that TREE!

Jim says, “what’s the problem?” Well, Jim, soon you will see!

Over to Easy Squeezy. This is such a cool obstacle. First you climb up through the slot.

You have to get your tire really high up on the wall to your left.

Then you walk/slide your rig through the slot. Sometimes getting really big wheel lifts and sometimes feeling like you’re going to fall over the side.

Some of these pictures will give you a perspective on how little room there is to move a vehicle through.

Susan is showing off….again!

And wheel lifting right over the ravine. She does look a bit nervous here.

You can see how high you have to get your driver’s tire. Right up along the rock that Jeff is standing on.

Here’s what it looks like from the Minor Threat trail below. A tire over NOTHING!

The wheel lift comes as your try to get your passenger tire to come up this rock as Jim tries to demonstrate. USUALLY the truck comes on down.

WHOOPS! Not this time apparently. A gentle flop to the side. Jim, does this remind you of your Navy days?

Abandon ship! Abandon ship! Jim says no, the captain will stay with the vessel. Hurry up and turn me over. It’s almost beer time!

Okay, all is right with the world. Bad Cat got through without a scratch. Lucky for us who were giving spotting advice.

Okay Jeff, do you trust Jim now to get you through?

Uh-oh, this looks really similar to the Bad Cat situation…..
Will DrtSqrl live to drive another trail? Or will there be a flop coming?

See ya on the trail!
Melissa

P.S. He was fine....no flop.
http://webejeepinmoab.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/21.jpg

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Too cool. I love how the group of sammy's are similarly built, but all have their own style and personality.

Easy Squeezy looks like it'd make me queesy.. I wanna do it!!

Time to build a buggy...

J Kimmel

so thats what its called :)

man it looks so much wider in there...We went through there last time we were in Moab, and I got wedged hard and it resulted in a LOT of damage :(

wasted the b pillar and bent my truss on the rear axle :eek: