Hello from Park City, WY, and CO

Lord Al Sorna

Harebrained Scheming
Hi there,
Since, as of yesterday, I am an active part of the forums here (didn't get started on a good foot, but at least I am now active :)) I though I should post my introduction so that people would at least know who I am.

My name is Charles, and I am from Laramie, WY where I grew up on a cattle ranch. This gave me an awesome background for becoming a 4x4 enthusiast because I was driving the ranch roads as young as age 11 with my dad. On our ranch, we had a few roads that could be considered a 3/4 on the difficulty scale, so I got an early start to technical drving.

I have been a student at Colorado State University for the past 3 1/2 years studying Construction Management. The mascott for our university is the Ram, so that is where my screenname comes from. I am out here in Utah on a paid internship as part of my CM program, and have been here since January. This is my first season of four-wheel driving in Utah, and it has been an amazing experience so far!! I am going back for my last semester of school in CO in a month, but will be moving out to Park City permanently after I graduate in December. I look forward to having years to explore the geologic tresures that are found in UT!

My rig is a 2004 Tacoma Double Cab, which I have only owned since January. Since I bought it, I have added an Old Man Emu suspension, ARB bull bar, warn winch, Stubbs Welding rock sliders, and 255/85/R16 BFG Mud Terrain tires. It has the factory TRD rear locker, and some other goodies as well. It is built for backcountry travel more than rockcrawling or any specialized aspect of the sport, but it has surprised me on how many places that it has taken me this season.

Nice to meet you all.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Welcome to RME and thanks for tossing up a good intro, I find that it's always good to have some background behind the newer members.

Sounds like you have the perfect setup for exploring Utah, there is a LOT to see. Stick around, keep getting out with other members and I think you will enjoy your time here. Despite your rocky start, I think you'll like this place.

Taconut

Offroad Addicted
Welcome to RME!:) Dude we wheel almost the same rig! I too have been quite suprised by what I can do with my Tacoma. I just wheeled Mineral Basin for the first time two weeks ago, you will have to do that trail sometime. Glad to have you here!

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Glad to see you didn't lose faith and just bail after what had transpired in the first thread. Stick around and you have the opportunity to meet some good people here as well as wheel some great places. Hope you find some helpful information here for you future explorations of Utah.

Lord Al Sorna

Harebrained Scheming
Ya know a little bit of a rocky start is how all of us got here.........:rofl:

But seriously welcome.

HAHA, soooo true! :D

Welcome to RME!:) Dude we wheel almost the same rig! I too have been quite suprised by what I can do with my Tacoma. I just wheeled Mineral Basin for the first time two weeks ago, you will have to do that trail sometime. Glad to have you here!

Thats awesome, glad to see another taco driver with *impeccable* taste!
I LOVE my Tacoma, and it is becoming the perfect rig for me! Well have to get out on a trip sometime and compare notes. I have run Mineral Basin twice already believe it or not (nice to have it in the backyard) and it is a fantastic trail! Especially to see the Bird in the summer, and how gnarly that back bowl is. Plus, its a super fun drive up there.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I LIVE to telemark ski in the winter!

Last edited:

Lord Al Sorna

Harebrained Scheming
I agree your second time and my first time up mineral basin was a blast welcome to the site did you get my # saved

You betcha! I won't be going out four-wheeling for a while in UT, probably not for another month at least while I start school back up but Lauren is still going to live out here and I'll be coming back every few weeks. It will be game on and ill be sure to call you / pm you on the forum then!

Need a new skid plate before I head back out too....