help choose an impact

lime chev

Ive been looking at getting one of these and was wondering if anyone had some input

Sorry for some reason I cant post links but Im looking at the

harbor freight earthquake half inch impact

Sears 580 ft/lb half inch impact

IR 231c half inch impacthhttp://www.harborfreight.com/1-2-half-inch-impact-wrench-2623.htmlttp://www.harborfreight.com/1-2-hal...ench-2623.html
sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...1&blockType=G1
im leaning toward the craftsman, the IR is nice but I dont like the FWD/REV lever and the HF is usually a crap shoot sooooo......
help.gif

I usually just use one for tires but it would be nice if i could break loose u bolts too thanks

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Depends on what you will be using them for. At work I run impacts all day long. My choice of guns are IR's. My 3/8 and 1/2 inch guns are their titanium models with composit handles. Very high power to weight ratio. Little to no fatigue. My 3/4 gun is also the low weight composit style. I have dropped them 10 feet to the shop floor with no damage. They just keep going. I will always use them. The only down side to them is the trigger is a bit hard to learn. Seems like they just want to be full on or off. A bit hard to feather them. Snap on guns feather pretty nice though. But I like the thumb buttons better for forward and reverse and snap on doesn't have that.

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
ir titanium, have had one for 7 years now (vw tech as day job) and still has the same brake free power as the day it was new. i dont even oil it that much. i have a snap on 3/8th gun and hate it should have never gone away from the ir's

lime chev

I wish that I could justify a IR ti but any gun i end up with will probably die from me running it over. Thanks for the input guys.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I have a HF Earthquake one. Works well, but is heavy...so OK for occasional use, if you're using it a lot invest more.

Caleb

I have an IR and have no complaints about it. The thing I have found with trying several is the nicer ones (like the IR) will have more power with less air even if they are rated at the same CFM, etc.

lime chev

Well I finally made up my girly mind and decided on the IR, I thought and thought about it for most of the morning so while I was at work I ran over to sears (they had the best price around here) went in and stared at the display one for a minute and said to myself that this was the one and then I look down on the shelf and low and behold they were out of it and the craftsman, so still not wanting to spend double for one that would barely get used I walked out with my head held low knowing that this thread would live another day.

Toad

I have used the older IR for 5 years. This past winter I traded it for a new Snap On. It was close to 400 bucks. Had it for two maybe three weeks and traded it to the Cornwell guy for a new IR. The best and only impact you will ever buy. I have since bought the 3/8 drive. I really did not think I would use it much but that little gun rocks.

i have the earth quake impact from harbor and i love it best cheap impact to own.. it has handled everything i have put it threw, but if you want you can get a really good brand impact from a pawn shop.. i went to tripple a pawn in provo and they have a but load of nice impacts!