HELP FINDING A STEERING BOX

SLIVER

))--SLIVER-->
Hi, Hey my buddy and I have been prepping his 1970 Early Bronco for a couple of months now for a trip this weekend. He had rock logic rebuild his steering box twice because it was leaking, but that was over a year ago and it has been pretty much parked for the year. Well today he took it out and ran it for the first time, and the steering box leaks horribly. With pretty much all faith lost in Rock Logic, we need to find a steering box before this weekend. He would like to avoid the high price of a brand new one.

Long story short- If you or someone you know has a steering box in good working, non-leaking condition and would like to sell it, please post up so this stupid bump in the road doesn't cancel our trip.

Thanks
))--SLIVER-->

ID Bronco

I don't have one..................but I have a 1972 Bronco that I used a remaned Nissan box on. It works very well and I have it tapped and use a rocklogic hydro assist ram with it. three of the four bolts line up on the frame too. I did have to use half of the steering shaft from the nissan and half of the Bronco one and sleeve and plug weld it. Works very well. Just an idea. I also have seen many write ups on using Toyota ifs boxes. Holes don't match as well though.

redrock4x4

I have one I pulled from a wagoneer (I believe) to use as a core. Do not know the condition. Been sitting for more than a year. I was planning on taking it to steel recycle on Sat. This may not fit your criteria, but your welcome to give it a try if you want it. Price=Free if you pick it up.

Send me a pm or call at Eight zero one, 712-4727.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Well.. Rocklogic is finished, so no need to worry about that any more. :D

There is a Scout box for sale out here I think, if that works. PM me if you want to try that, I'll put you in touch.

SnwMnkys

I used the 77-79 F150/Bronco box, swapped the internals with an 80s Ford truck/suv box. Works great and it was cheap. Just have to find both of them in a junkyard.

Last edited:

SLIVER

))--SLIVER-->
Thanks for all the replies guys, I will relay this post to my friend. Hopefully we can get something figured out for this weekend.

))--SLIVER-->