HELP!!! Hypertech programmer error:70

1993yj

Just got my Hypertech Power Programmer III today for my 03 Dodge Hemi, and I am less than impressed. After uploading the new program it keeps saying programming interrupted and giving me error:70, what ever the f*#& that means. Then it displays Hypertechs number and says to call them. Well, I do that, and of course they are only available M-F from 8-5. So in the meantime, my truck will not start anymore because it has already erased the stock program, and it is parked on the side of my house blocking in 2 other vehicles. Looks like I am taking the not-so-street-legal Jeep to work tomorrow, too bad it isnt going to pull the Bobcat anywhere it needs to go. And it also looks like I am going to be pushing it out of the way so that I can go anywhere in those other cars. Their damn instruction manual gives no info about troubleshooting when it comes to these errors, and their web site has nothing either. I have to imagine that I am not the first person that would like to view the errors in either the booklet or on the web. Needless to say I am not happy at the moment.

If anyone has any experience with this please let me know before I let Hypertech know how I feel tomorrow about their great tech support hours.

AINT SKEERED

Balls to the Walls
I just googled it. Looks like you need to exchange the programmer. The error code is something to do with a communication malfunction. If you take it back to where you bought it they should be able to exchange it for you. Look for one with a higher serial number.

1993yj

I have come across a few things on the internet too. If I really do have to send it in to exchange, I ordered it from an internet company, and I am guessing that it will take a few days. I hope this isnt the case as it will just have to sit in my driveway until then. Whatever happens it needs to at least run again by next Wed for EJS. Hopefully Hypertech will help when I can talk to them tomorrow.

1993yj

Got it worked out. Had to take my truck to the dealer and have them re-flash the computer, and then send the programmer into Hypertech so that they could re-program it as well. Apparently, you cant open a door, have any accessories hooked up, or do anything while it is programming. I had to remove the fuses to any accessories that I had hooked up, such as CB, sidewinder folding steps. The instructions dont say anything about that, just to not leave the vehicle. Anyhow, now that it is installed, I am extremely happy with the adjustments with the shifting of the tranny. That alone almost makes this hassle worth it.