Help in recovering a part. (A car purchase gone bad)

Verceingetorix

Okay, I need some help in recovering some parts that are in Utah. Basically I bought a suburban and partial cab from a guy named Josh Watson and the whole process has been a nightmare. He was going to get the half cap up to Idaho by his semi used for transporting vehicles picked up at auction. The back half of the truck cab is for the suburban I purchased from him so I could turn it into a avalanche/pickup.

Well, he has not returned my phone calls and I found out he doesn't work at the Point of the Mountain dealership that he said he did. I even talked to him at the dealership multiple times before the sale. I even talked to him after the sale to get the release of title from the dealership on the suburban that he listed as being a dealer rig and the dealer lisence number. I have talked to the dealership and they aren't doing much to help even thought the owner Travis and Josh are good pals. Travis has tried to be helpful and working to resolve the matter but says it is out of his hands/responsibility plus he can't get Josh to man up and be a responsiable individual.

The Utah DMV in Provo even knew who I was talking to about just by me telling them the story without any names other than Josh's first name. They have multiple inverstgations/complalints going currently on him and at least three dealerships. (Now four.) I filed a unoffical complainant with the motor enforecement division and will help them as this goes on. I did record/copy everything as soon as this started going downhill. I will file the offical statement here shortly with the DMV if I can't resolve the matter.

But wait, it gets better when I bought it I was told that it had around 10,000 miles on the motor but that doesn't look to be the case. It has the wrong intake mainfold on the motor, and what looks to be a low compression on a cylinder. (has not been checked yet) Also after some digging I found oput that Josh has been doing this since 2005 he owned Rocky Mountain King's Auto in Murray and lost his dealership lisenece and was banned from renewing or getting another one. In 2007 RMK Auto was born. On paper the owner and dealer name is Daniel not Josh. ( I am looking at finding who owns it on paper legally and going after them). The title holder on the suburbans title was RMK auto and Josh said he was the owner. So Josh has had complainants/investigations against the two listed RMK's and Prestige Auto and Premier Auto. Soon to be Point of the Mountain if I can't get this resolved.

The DMV enforecement provided me with Josh's address in Utah. (Required when submitting a complaint) So if anyone in the area would be willing to go down and pick up my part and tell the idiot to call me that would be great. He won't answer my phone calls but he might answer a Utah number.

Josh Watson's number is 1-801-915-6942

His Address

Josh Watson
5153 West Alpen Glow Court
Herriman Utah

If you do happen to be able to help in anyway post up or call me thanks. I really just want to get my stuff.
Bart 1-208-234-1535

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
so what exactly do you need picked up?? A truck cab???? and what makes you think he a. has it or b. will let anyone else have it just for showing up??

;)

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
come on tacoma don't you just give things of value to people that show up at your door? lol

I would be glad to help if there was a way to get it all... I could even run it up to you!

rollover

You could file ageist the dealer bond. If the dealership sold it to you (listed on any of the paper work **"he listed as a dealer rig and the dealer license number"} or any trans action at or thru said dealership.) they are liable to resolve this for you. His partner should want to clear this up in order to keep his license and bond.

They are the pro you are the naive consumer.

Verceingetorix

The item he has is a half of a truck cab. It is for converting the suburban into a crewcab/avalanche.

I can't do anything against the dealership as it was not done on the dealership documentation. He did list it as such though on ksl and he did give the title release of libility as Point of the Mountains. He sold it to me though himself and RMK Auto with he said was a his dealership and that he a an vested interest in POTM dealership. Since I had called and talked to him multiple times at Point of the Mountain dealership I figured he must work there. So I don't think that I can do anything with the bond but that would be nice if I could.

As for picking up the part I don't know what he would do. He might tell you where to go or he might be completely suprised and let you have it. Either way I don't think he is expecting anything as I am in Idaho and he thinks I don't know where he lives. Here is a link to how he listed the ad.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=&nid=443&tab=list/view&ad=1773493

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
If this is the same Josh Watson I know. He is the biggest lying, cheating, stealing, back stabbing, crooked, pile of $hit I have ever met. He used to own a dealership on about 3900 s and State, my friend was a mechanic for him, Josh took him for over $15,000 and passed on some stolen product to him.

Verceingetorix

If this is the same Josh Watson I know. He is the biggest lying, cheating, stealing, back stabbing, crooked, pile of $hit I have ever met. He used to own a dealership on about 3900 s and State, my friend was a mechanic for him, Josh took him for over $15,000 and passed on some stolen product to him.

Yep, it is the same Josh Watson. That was the Rocky Mountain King Auto in Murray and the now rebadged RMK Auto. The more I dig the more dirt I keep finding. Crawlinbear you should give Josh Watson's address to your friend who got screwed. I am sure he would like to take care of some buissness. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

KWight

I would suggest that you provide a copy of that ad with the information about how he represented himself as affiliated with that dealership and that the transaction was done at that place of business on the occasions you had contact with him. That could get the owner of the business to put some pressure on his friend to get this resolved.

Kevin

rollover

Look up Utah Motor Vehicle Enforcement. They can help you get this resolved. DMV is not much help for your problem.

The add shows "he listed as a dealer rig and the dealer license number". The dealership is liable for the trans action Dealer add, Dealer phone #.

The dealership misled you in the add. FIGHT IT! You'll win.
You called the Dealership to get info, you talked to a partner/owner (as he claimed) you stated, reached him many times at the number. Deal goes bad the guy than says oh he doesn't work here?? Motor Vehicle Enforcement fights this for you.

You can always get Gephart!

Last edited:

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Look up Utah Motor Vehicle Enforcement. They can help you get this resolved. DMV is not much help for your problem.

The add shows "he listed as a dealer rig and the dealer license number". The dealership is liable for the trans action Dealer add, Dealer phone #.

The dealership misled you in the add. FIGHT IT! You'll win.
You called the Dealership to get info, you talked to a partner/owner (as he claimed) you stated, reached him many times at the number. Deal goes bad the guy than says oh he doesn't work here?? Motor Vehicle Enforcement fights this for you.

You can always get Gephart!

I see nothing in the ad about a truck cab, only a suburban which the guy already has received. I don't see how the ad will help.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
To bad all this didn't go down on POR. Those guys love getting involved with this kind of stuff. Before you know it they would have his SSN and high school photos posted all over the place! -_-

Mope

To bad all this didn't go down on POR. Those guys love getting involved with this kind of stuff. Before you know it they would have his SSN and high school photos posted all over the place! -_-

Their performances are fun to read no doubt.

Bart, you might just have to drive down yourself, and confront him.

Caleb

I see nothing in the ad about a truck cab, only a suburban which the guy already has received. I don't see how the ad will help.
Yep, I agree with bobdog, there's nothing in the ad at all about a truck cab. I live about 2 minutes form him but I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole. At this point it's his word vs. yours and as they say, possession is 9/10th of the law ;)

You got the burban you paid for, I'd chalk the rest up to lesson learned. :)

EDIT: If you want it bad enough, it's only 3 hours from Pocatello.

Verceingetorix

I didn't post the ad to describe what or what wasn't included in the deal. It was just to show how he posted the suburban and misrepresented it. The truck cab is part of the deal is basically my word against his. Yes, I will probably have to drive down myself to try and resolve the matter.

I am by no means trying to get someone else into trouble with this either. I was just hoping that I might be able to get some assistance. There is no law against showing up and asking for the part. Even a simple phone call from a utah number as he might answer the phone. This is not hassassment in the least bit but maybe I am asking too much as most of you probably don't know me. If that is the case just let me know and I will delete the post. I just wanted to let you guys be aware of this guy and his dealings and to see if anyone could help.