Toyota Help lifting rear of 00 4Runner

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
So we picked up a pretty nice 2000 4runner a few weeks ago and it suffers from major saggy a$$ disease (S.A.D). I'd like to just order up a complete 2" OME kit but I have other places I'd like to spend money at the moment.

I really want to lift the rear back up to a decent level soon. The problem is I don't know what springs I need. It looks like it sags a good 2" when loaded, but I'm thinking that if I order 2" lift springs it will be way too tall... I would like more load support (HD spring) once I weight this thing down with all of my gear. If I load it up now it is nearly bottomed out :rolleyes:

Can I get an aftermarket/retrofit spring to give me what I need without touching the front suspension or turning it into a stink bug while unloaded? Somebody please point me in the right direction thanks!

Andrew

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Doesn't the 80 series springs add a few inches, at least I think I remember that one of the other Toyota models has stock springs that work as an upgrade, pretty sure it was the 80 though. Called up Kurt yet, he may even have a good used set of 4runner springs in his way.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Ya calling Kurt would probably be a pretty good idea :D I'm thinking the 80 series springs are for 4+ inches. Seems like people use them when they go with solid axles up front.

4biker

For the rear you have a couple of options. The first would be airbags or air shocks, but they would be as cost prohibitive as anything. The second would be replacement springs. A set of OME 906 springs would end up with about 1-1.5 inches of overall lift, but they are comfortable and way stronger than stock. You could also source a set of '99 rears, which is the tallest year for the 4Runner (2000 I believe is the lowest spring height of 3rd gen's). I got my OME springs at toyteclifts.com, or you can go to wabfab.org. I believe you can get a '99 spring set at sonoransteel.com, but he's pricey.

Here is my profile on Yotatech if you want to see what the OME 906 springs did for my 1997 4Runner.
http://www.yotatech.com/f79/4bikers-profile-97-ltd-139267/

In the next few weeks I might actually be getting rid of my 906's (and my front OME setup), depending on what my recently purchased coilovers can do for the front. Another possibility is to just get rear spacers, but they won't do much good overall.

Look on yotatech.com, ttora.com, t4r.com or other toyota forums in their classifieds sections to see if there is an affordable option for you.

Last edited:

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
I have OME 891's and they work well providing lift and excellent load carrying abilities, I also run a 1" poly spacer in the rear. I think the 890's or taller 891's would suit you well. As always call Kurt for the OME products.

4biker

I didn't want to take away from Kurt - I've just never bought from him before. I'll be calling him if I change to a taller rear spring.