HELP!! Need a Toyota shop in Provo

I have a completely dead Tacoma on my trailer that was rescued, along with it's owner, from the depths of Hidden Canyon. I am hauling him home to Provo and he needs the truck dropped off at a shop. He is new to town and would love some shop recommendations. Thank you! :)

sixstringsteve

My favorite shop is "Doug's auto" in provo, just south of university mall, on state street. He is not totota specific, but he really knows his stuff and is very honest. He doesn't advertise, its all word of mouth.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I'm glad, they're great people. My mother in law drives her cars from Washington to have him work on them. She's a big fan :D

I've got some cool stories about doug. Ask him if he likes mustangs. :D He's owned over 300 of 'em and has some pretty cool ones right now. His son Jake (also a mechanic there) made a bet with his auto shop teacher in high school that he could adjust the timing by ear as well as the teacher could with a light. Sure enough, he did. Super nice guys and amazing knowledge and skill.

Goody

Love doug! Took my rodeo to him and he told me to junk it and not waste my money fixing it... gotta love the honesty! Of course I told him just to fix the damn thing, and he obliged!

Bart

Better late than never. Have to agree with Doug. He actually did work on my little single seat buggy because it had a Ford 5.0 in it. He's a great guy and his car collection is A W E S O M E. Can we say GT500???????

sixstringsteve

Yeah Dougs! He has a 2012 Shelby on the way. True car guys.

It's a 2013! It has a carbon fiber driveshaft, and will do 200 MPH. The best part is, Doug actually races his cars out at Miller (even the GT 500). I guarantee that within 2 weeks of owning his 2013 shelby, he'll verify that it'll do 200 MPH. I believe he was the 2011 mustang club president.