"HELP Needed"5.9 dodge engine in a YJ

LonnieC

I am going to put a 94 dodge 5.9 in my 95 yj and I am having trouble finding any info on the conversions. I mostly am concerned about the wiring harness.

Has anyone done this engine swap?

N8RB8R

I had one in one of my TJ's, was able to graft the Dodge harness into my Jeep harness using factory service manuals for each vehicle. Squire hotwire also makes a conversion harness for that application now as well.

LonnieC

Where did you graft it into the jeep harness? Or did you use the whole wiring harness in the cab and everything? Also did you get rid of any of the extra sensors?

Thank you for the help and the web site for a last resort i will send my stuff off but i feel like it cant be to hard to splice them together...

N8RB8R

I spent lots of hours on mine...Lots. Mine was a 2000 Wrangler with the same year donor so had to retain all the sensors. Advanced adapters had a write up on this particular swap look that up it has a lot of info. You just need to graft the dodge engine part of the harness into the Jeep, you will leave the jeep dash harness alone though you will add a few wires under there. You can pm me for my # and I can dig up all my notes.