Help putting in 4.3 in a yj

mkm

New to the forum, my son told me about it. I am looking for some help in putting in a 4.3 Asto in front of an ax 15 tranny.
I have a clutch Center Force pressure plate, but not the disk. Should I get a new Center Force plate or do you thing a cheeper one will do just a good? (11")

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
First off welcome aboard. I would personally go with the cheaper one, I've never used expensive clutches and never had an issue with them wearing out. If you were doing high performance mods for desert racing or something like that I might spring for a more expensive clutch but the discs alone are 128 bucks for the cheap one compared to 247 bucks on parts america.

v-stone

First off welcome aboard. I would personally go with the cheaper one, I've never used expensive clutches and never had an issue with them wearing out. If you were doing high performance mods for desert racing or something like that I might spring for a more expensive clutch but the discs alone are 128 bucks for the cheap one compared to 247 bucks on parts america.

Where are you getting your clutch disc at? 128 seems high.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Where are you getting your clutch disc at? 128 seems high.

I pulled that price off of parts america yesterday for the clutch disc by itself, so Schucks, Kragen and advance auto parts. I've pretty much found that they are at least close enough to anyone else's prices to at least get a good idea. But yeah it does seem high.