HELP Stuck in Swell

MicahMan

HI Gentleman stuck in the Swell. Broke a rear passenger axle shaft on an 89 Toyota pick up. Its too far into a trail near eagle canyon to get a tow truck in. Need an extra shaft and backing plate to limp them out!

Please call me 80182450ninenine if you have one!

I'm probably headed down tonight to get it out!

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Maybe some of the cruise moab guys down there could help you out?

Cruise Moab ended Saturday so unfortunately most are long gone. These guys were at CM and stuck around for a few days of exploring in the Swell.

Where is the "Swell"?

and how did you break a rear axle? Does not happen in a Toyota often. 4cyl rear or 6cyl?

Here nor there, it is broke ;)

As I'm told, they were struggling to climb out of Eagle Canyon (north end) and he took a few bounces and lost the shaft, breaking it ~4" from the wheel flange. Micah I and I are headed down tomorrow AM to bring parts and ideally help get him back to Denver.

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Cruise Moab ended Saturday so unfortunately most are long gone. These guys were at CM and stuck around for a few days of exploring in the Swell.

Here nor there, it is broke ;)

As I'm told, they were struggling to climb out of Eagle Canyon (north end) and he took a few bounces and lost the shaft, breaking it ~4" from the wheel flange. Micah I and I are headed down tomorrow AM to bring parts and ideally help get him back to Denver.

I have an IFS length shaft and drum sitting behind my house if it's needed.