Help with my Bug

P

pokeyYJ

OK I know that it is not a 4x4 but I can't figure it out. I have a 64 VW bug that I like to tinker on every now and then. Heres my issue, I can only get it to run in two cylinders, 3 and 4. I know that I can get spark to the plugs on 1 and 2 but it is not very strong, but the car is only 6 volt. I know that the spark is there, I found out the hard way. But when I pull the plug wire on 1 or 2 the RPM's don't drop at all, when I pull the wire on 3 or 4 the RPM drops like 100 or so. WTF, I can't figure it out, please help?

Also since this stupid car is pissing me off, would anybody be interested in a trade? :D ;)

Caleb

I dont have any help for you...but I would imagine that if it was only firing off 2 out of 4 cylinders that if you pulled one of the good plugs off it would drop by more than 100 RPMs and should die cause at that point it would only be running off one cylinder...just my thoughts...BTW if you wanna sell it how much and what kind of condition is it in???

P

pokeyYJ

Well besides the motor, the car is in awesome shape, the body and pan have no rust, the paint is OK a couple of chips here and there but it looks decent. I was thinking that if I could get it running I would ask 2000.

P

pokeyYJ

I have thought about what you said, your right if it was only running on two then when I pulled a good plug it should die, maybe it is just running really weak on the other two, time for a compression test.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
plus see if the spark plug wire has the spark to the two dead cylinders. if you have spark then you have dead rings or something.