Henry Day Ford in Sandy SUCKS!!!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
So get this...

My girlfreind buys a used Jeep Sahara TJ (has Sahara stickers, etc) from Henry Day on 90th South last year...

She shinks she made an OK deal, the car salesman shows here the Blue Book report for that year Sahara, and she gets the Jeep for alot under the Blue Book retail price... The Jeep had a 3-4" Lift, aftermarket tires/wheels, and bushwacker fender flares... all added by the PO.

This is where is gets sad.. she is thinking of trading it in on a Grand Cherokee, so she heads to the dealership to check out what they have. Just for giggles, she has them figure out what they will give here on a trade-in... they run the VIN and come back to tell her it is a SPORT, which the trade in value is approx. $1500 less than the Sahara that it is badged as...

She calls Henry Day and chats with the manager, he tells her to come in and he will talk with her about it... She gets there and they have pulled the paperwork out.. in the detailed sales info... it is in fact labeled a Sport, but not on the registration (just called a Jeep Wrangler)...

They tell her "sorry"... not our fault... we thought it was Sahara too!

Dickheads...

What do you think her next move should be? They literally scammed her... mabey they didn't know, but as a dealer, they should take the initiative to check out the cars they are selling... Mabey they slap "Saleen" on all th Fords they sell too... WTF???

Brett

Meat-Hippy
That's pretty weird. I would think that if it's badged as a Sahara, straight from Jeep, that they would have to honor that. I don't see how it would be problem if it's got all of the Sahara options on it.

The only thing that I could see is that maybe the PO slapped the stickers on it after they bought it.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Hickey said:
No kidding, They should have seen that. I can't believe they didn't run their own VIN check. :rolleyes:

Or did they ;) Its hard to determine wether or not they knew... but the salesman admitted he thought it was a Sahara too....

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Brett said:
...The only thing that I could see is that maybe the PO slapped the stickers on it after they bought it.

Yup... anyone can go buy some stickers from the dealership...

Sad thing is... it can have all the accessories of a Sahara, but without the proper VIN, the trade-in and retail value is lots less... She could now try and sell it to some other private buyer... but, shes not interested in deceiving others...

Brett

Meat-Hippy
cruiseroutfit said:

Sad thing is... it can have all the accessories of a Sahara, but without the proper VIN, the trade-in and retail value is lots less... She could now try and sell it to some other private buyer... but, shes not interested in deceiving others...

Well, if it has all the accesories that make it a Sahara, it IS a Sahara, even if the VIN doesn't agree. Maybe Jeep can change that or something...??? :confused:

Ohms

'Poser Wheeler
Spork said:
Other than warn everyone you know...
maybe http://kutv.com/gephardt/ :D

I completely agree with you.
Even if the dealership 'didn't know' that it wasn't a Sahara-which they should, They still should be held responsible for selling a certain vehicle that turned out to be something else. I am sure that there is something that can be done legally to help you guys out, and if Gephardt ends up at their doorstep, how would they look to their customers that are looking to purchase a Lariot package Powerstroke, or a Cobra mustang or even better yet, a Harley Davidson edition truck....all you would have to do is get the seats, stickers, wheels...and a few other things.....hhhhhmmmmmmmmmm.....

On a different note, Kurt, call me and I'll give you the skinny on what happened to Boss man's truck while it was sitting in their "camera covered" lot........

Ohms said:
I completely agree with you.
Even if the dealership 'didn't know' that it wasn't a Sahara-which they should, They still should be held responsible for selling a certain vehicle that turned out to be something else.

Except that on the sales contract they are apparently claiming that it was dislcosed that it was a sport....It seems they are trying to put the fault back on Kurt's girlfriend for not magnifying glassing the whole stack of paperwork....

Tough one, but I think she's right about taking the high road and not passing on the charade.

-Adam

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
I used to be a salesman at a Crysler Jeep Dodge dealership, and trust me, 99% of car salesman don't know S*** about the vehicles they are selling (beyond what it says on the sticker or what is visibly obvious; "It has 4 wheels, some doors, an engine I think, so what payments can you afford?!?), ESPECIALLY the used ones!! Used cars are where dealers make a good chunk of their money, so they try and get rid of them as quickly, easily and with the least amount of cost to the dealer; if someone asked for a VIN report or Carfax or something we charged them for it. People get screwed ALL the time on used cars, some times intentionally, sometimes not. That is why you have to be sooo careful when you buy a used car from any dealership, they just want your money, and the more the better!!!

Good luck Kurt, you are fighting an uphill battle!!

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Yeah.......forget about it and move on. Why would a Ford dealer know of all the Jeep package options, trim levels, etc.?

I won't even look at ad's from ANY dealership on used cars...I'll only buy from private owners.

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Holy cow!! That reminds me, have you ever heard "Tow Yard Complaint.mp3" Can anyone host a 268KB mp3 file? It would SOOOOOO go along with Kris K's response.....

EZ

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
How long ago did she purchase it? She might beable to slide it in under the lemon law as the vehicle was not what it was described to be.

LOL for the most part salesmen don't know jack about the cars they sale. Went for a test drive with my buddy in a stock 2002 XJ. You know the stock ones with 4.88 Dana 60s, the AtlasII transfer cases, TH700R trannys, oh and the stroked straight 6 that puts out 450hp. We got a kick out of playing with that salesman! :rofl: :rofl:

S

sukaB

cruiseroutfit said:

Uhh they should be held liable.....
Girl=screwed.
That's bullshit
Money is money and they should at least help her out someway.
Even if they gave her half the lost money and said sorry I would have to take the money and move on without a problem...
If that happened to me I would fight it till I had 1500 back
Misleading car dealerships can get in big trouble for something like that...
But they are snake's

Bone Down

These days Ford Motor Comp. is very serious about customer satisfaction and a Ford Dealers ability to sell prime inventory is dependant upon their CS rating with Ford.

Always make sure to fill out them questionaires and send them directly back to Ford not the dealership you are complaining or praising as they have the biased opportunity to filter out the bad from the good.

Now if what was stated is in fact true and the salesman did in fact take the time to point out in an NADA or Kelly book the value of this particular model to sell it at a higher price I am thinking that there has to be some recourse regardless of what the paper work states.

No dealer big or small takes a trade in without running the VIN#, so I am guessing they knew all along what they was selling, and it should have been clearly imprinted on the window sticker that it was a sport.

Case in point what was the first thing the second dealership did when you offered up your jeep for trade on another??

I would contact gephart, that man is wicked when it comes to getting things done, and I highly doubt that the dealership would want an investigative reporter on site with cameras in tow - ultimate bad PR and to avoid this im thinking the dealer might want to just make it right by you and hope you go away.

I hate to see ppl being taken advantage of and I believe if you treat a customer right and not give them a snow job they will be your best repeat customer and most willing to share their experience with a friend.

I use this practice in my professional carrier now and I have more customers come back after using my competitors as they do not get the same honesty and care with them as they do with me and as a result they are willing to pay a little bit more for better more reliable service.

Last edited:

Utah Jeeper

Well if you want to show them how upset you are lets get a group together and go picket in fornt of the dealer. The news will come out and they will get some NEGATIVE advertising. Make it very public. I wouldnt be surprised if they came out and offered you 1500 bucks to leave. It would save them all the money on advertising to make up for what you have done. Also another point to consider is that family doesnt even own the dealership any more. My friend used to sell trucks there and they were foing under and Larry Miller stepped in and took it over when they were behind on the payments. They family still runs it but Miller owns the show.

PICKET THEM!!! Start a post on here about it and see if you can get everyone to go down on a Saturday for a few hours.

JackKeslerCustoms

Henry Day doesn't have a lot on 90th South in Sandy. Do you mean Butterfield? You might double check that. Butterfield went under and is now completely owned by Larry H. Miller. And as bad as it sucks, you probably have no recourse.

Last edited: