Henry Mtns & Elk Ridge, 7/18 - 7/22/12

OB1

What an awesome trip! Thanks for sharing it. I need to get out more and injoy the beautiful mountains of Utah.

Maybe Tim should bottle his urine. I know alot of people pay good money for a deer attractant. :rofl:

Last edited:

LT.

I am blown away with the fantastic photos! Nearly everyone of them could be a cover photo on a National Geographic. Excellent trip and the report is simply out of this world! Thank you so much for taking the time to put it together. OUTSTANDING!!

LT.

sixstringsteve

check out DAA's report from Comb Ridge. That one is in my top 3 favorite trip reports ever.

Last edited:

DAA

Thanks Steve - coming from the best Trip Report creator in the Free World, that's quite a compliment!

Did you say any elk down there in the Henry's?

Saw some fresh elk sign, but no elk in the Henry's. Actually, I did see a few animals a long way out and moving fast that I'm pretty sure WERE elk, but I didn't get a good enough look at them to say for sure. Saw a couple nice ones on Elk Ridge, while walking through the quakies, they didn't give me any chance for taking pictures either.

- DAA

Moabxjeeper

Saw some fresh elk sign, but no elk in the Henry's. Actually, I did see a few animals a long way out and moving fast that I'm pretty sure WERE elk, but I didn't get a good enough look at them to say for sure. Saw a couple nice ones on Elk Ridge, while walking through the quakies, they didn't give me any chance for taking pictures either.

That's awesome man! Thanks again for your report. Man, they almost look kind of sickly when they start to shed their summer coats don't they?

The deer seem to be doing really well. I've seen antlers every single time I've been out scouting this summer.

Pile of parts

Beautiful pictures! What a trip. My wife has about 12-13 limited entry deer points- I bet I could talk her into putting in for the Henry's after these pictures. I wonder how many it takes to draw?

midog

Wow... beautiful, I would love to have a map of your trip so I could do the same some day! Thanks for sharing!