Herculiner good or bad?

str8axleguy

Cheap and holds up ok but don't use it if you want it to stay deep black, it goes chaulky after a while but i just roll a new coat on every couple of years and it looks good that way. Make sure to put plenty on at least three coats not just two like the instructions say, the thicker the better!

Klif01

Do I bother you?
I like it, did 4 coats, and its cheap....just watch your knuckles after it dries, its like 1 grit sandpaper....

1993yj

When mine doesnt look black anymore, usually due to red Moab dirt, I spray it off as best I can and then just use some black spray paint.

Big Daddy C.

Mines on thirty eights.
If you go to Herculiners website they have a UV protectant for the black you can buy for $20,The colored ones come with UV gaurd mixed in them, but the black doesn't, I looked in to Durabak ( it is the same do it your self type )
but you have to order Durabak online witch takes 10 days to get and is $139 with shipping, but it does look like a good product. I like the heavy look of Heculiner better and its cheaper. price wise if you go to checker they have a $20 rebate and will match prices, have them match AutoZone $89, then you can order the UV, cause no one around here stocks it? Stupid!! I would have got mine Friday but my wife got pissed at me and wouldn't pick it up, so now i'll do it me damn self Monday!
Hope this helps.

radjeeper

"Why You Say"
I think 4 Wheel Parts stocks Herculiner. Durabak seems to be exactly the same thing to me. Used Durabak for a truck bed liner. If you can go with a spray on bed liner I would, much better.

Jarrod74

OLD IRON!
Herculiner holds up well it is gritty but what do you except the only thing i have seen eat thruogh it is brake fluid but it eats through anything. I bought the gallon plus the quart just in case.

sjbrownie4x4

I gutted my XJ's carpet and put down grey Durabak. I dont see the weathering some of you might, but the cargo area takes a beating and its fantastic stuff. The litte rubber chunks are more like sandpaper.

I am getting ready to put it in my scrambler. Its all about how well you prep the surface. Scuff / sand and Xylene every nook and cranny.

chadbuckner

Oh what a feeling..Toyota
what if you are going to put it over just plain plywood. I have a utility trailer with plywood walls and I was thinking about using it on the plywood to seal it from rot and make it more durable.

Jam76

You can make the Herculiner as smooth as you want with a Bupa gun all you have to do is increase the air pressure on you compressor and you can spray as smooth or gritty as you want and the bupa gun is only $19.00 at any paint supply house.

Big Daddy C.

Mines on thirty eights.
I just bought my gallon of Heculiner at Checker $85 after the Autozone price match and I got a $20 rebate. Tomarrow I will order the UV protectant it's $20, so all said and done I'll be less than $100 great price now lets see how good the UV holds up.

biggraypig

Dirty 69
The inside will get done first, but then the outside after the sliders are in place. I don't care if it gets too ugly on me, I am more concerned on how it holds up.
Does anyone know what the price for the colored is, and what it takes to spray it on. I think spraying it on would be the way to go.

Big Daddy C.

Mines on thirty eights.
biggraypig said:
The inside will get done first, but then the outside after the sliders are in place. I don't care if it gets too ugly on me, I am more concerned on how it holds up.
Does anyone know what the price for the colored is, and what it takes to spray it on. I think spraying it on would be the way to go.
Check online at http://www.herculiner.com/ to get prices and order the colored. I rolled mine last night, it was way easy, probably much easier and quicker than even trying to clean up the sprayer after. so i would roll it for sure.