Herzog made JU....Is that really you?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
IMG_2188.jpg

Here's the thread......
http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=309468

I'm trying to place where you did that. I don't believe it's a trail that I recognize.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
:confused:

Not me. but I can't believe the damage that cherokee sustained from just flopping right there.

Anyways, how you been Marc? Missed you in Moab last in October... Maybe another time?

:)

mbryson

Supporting Member
Originally posted by Herzog

Not me. but I can't believe the damage that cherokee sustained from just flopping right there.

Anyways, how you been Marc? Missed you in Moab last in October... Maybe another time?

:)

Cherokee's don't roll very well. I can attest to that.

Moab...Oct.--welding (my front axle had had enough, 297 is welded to the outer)...., trackbars (trying to fix Brent's ???thing???), large groups of XJ's, full size Rams on Rusty Nail.......

Wayne told me you guys were just hanging out at the crack while we ate lunch after the second obstacle (broken D35 axle) :rolleyes: on Rusty Nail.
I saw the maroon Pathfinder of your friends on Sunday morning and saw a blue XJ (very similar to the one pictured above) following it, making the turn past McDonalds to Pritchett...I almost followed, but thought I'd be a little overweight with all of my gear and I'd never get home at a decent hour.

Having all 4 doors off didn't help much, allowed for more flex in the body/ uni I would think. I'm probably gonna go with an interior 6pt. cage soon, although an exo would definitely be a better choice.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
We saw Brent's cheromanche parked on the trail before gold bar as we were leaving the trail that day. We figured that he must have hopped into your jeep.

Well, maybe next time! We should get a group come down and run Devil's race track and Evo-conover down on the San Rafael Swell. It's not a hard trail, but it is a must see trail. Atleast before they decide that is wilderness too. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by mbryson

Cherokee's don't roll very well. I can attest to that.

Moab...Oct.--welding (my front axle had had enough, 297 is welded to the outer)...., trackbars (trying to fix Brent's ???thing???), large groups of XJ's, full size Rams on Rusty Nail.......

Wayne told me you guys were just hanging out at the crack while we ate lunch after the second obstacle (broken D35 axle) :rolleyes: on Rusty Nail.
I saw the maroon Pathfinder of your friends on Sunday morning and saw a blue XJ (very similar to the one pictured above) following it, making the turn past McDonalds to Pritchett...I almost followed, but thought I'd be a little overweight with all of my gear and I'd never get home at a decent hour.

mbryson

Supporting Member
We should do that before it's declared 'wilderness'. I think Brent is ready to go, Wayne is ???? working on his....(I really don't know the status-where are you at Wayne?), Mine's needing a little work (front LCA & shock mounts, rotate the rear axle so I have a better pinion angle) but might be done within a week or two {my little electrical gremlin has cropped up again....sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh}.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by Economos

Having all 4 doors off didn't help much, allowed for more flex in the body/ uni I would think. I'm probably gonna go with an interior 6pt. cage soon, although an exo would definitely be a better choice.

I'm thinking of an interior cage, nothing too wild, and tying it into the body structure up top. So when it does go over, the body keeps its shape and structure, and I can just BFH the sheet metal back into shape to put my doors back on. :D

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
mbryson - sounds like it might be a plan. Let me know the progress on your jeep and when you think we should plan this.

I've got quite the project comming up soon so I either need to postpone the project for this trail, or get it done fast...

mbryson

Supporting Member
mbryson - sounds like it might be a plan. Let me know the progress on your jeep and when you think we should plan this.

I've got quite the project comming up soon so I either need to postpone the project for this trail, or get it done fast...

Dude....do the project. The way my electrical is working and how Wayne's is looking we might be looking at a Sat./Sunday type of deal for a warmup Moab run or something in the 'Spring'.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Yeah, We'll plan a good run on the Swell in the Spring. My jeep will be seeing the garage for quite a while this winter.

I need one of those jet lookin shop heaters for my garage. :D

Shane, I've got the space heater ( jet-lookin thing :D ) if you've got the garage.:D

I've got too many ducks in the pond; I'll hopefully be getting my Waggies next weekend and I highly doubt I'll have those under my junk for quite a while. I need to build some weld on rock rails this winter and get an SYE in before the Waggies. NOW I'm wanting a cage.:eek:

Never ends does it.:D

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Originally posted by mbryson
We should do that before it's declared 'wilderness'. I think Brent is ready to go, Wayne is ???? working on his....(I really don't know the status-where are you at Wayne?), Mine's needing a little work (front LCA & shock mounts, rotate the rear axle so I have a better pinion angle) but might be done within a week or two {my little electrical gremlin has cropped up again....sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh}.

I'm still here, I've just been working like a mother the last 3 weeks. I only worked 14 hours today. It sure doesn't leave me with much time to do anything with the Jeep.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by WayneXJ

I'm still here, I've just been working like a mother the last 3 weeks. I only worked 14 hours today. It sure doesn't leave me with much time to do anything with the Jeep.

Work, work.... Or Jeep Work?