Herzog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caleb

Herzog said:
Well... don't take it wrong. I'm looking into this.

So basically your book states that pretty much every race is traced back to either jewish or gentile? What happened before that?

Secondly, I believe that such biblical records are majorly flawed and are based upon relative perception. Therefor, subject to debate and never law, Jewish is a religion and not a race.

Since my knowledge of my last name only stems out to a dozen generations back in Germany (which as we all know wasn't always Germany, as well as we know that other countries were not always as they are), so I find it interesting to see how far back the name actually comes from.

If you have more information that isn't "Christian biased" I'd love to hear about it. :)
I agree with Shane in the fact that the translations have lost meaning over time after being translated and then translated from a translation, etc. So the interpretation is just that, an interpretation.

EDIT: oh yeah, and can I get taken off your mail list :rofl:

way2nosty

first off, I am not "Christian biased". in fact, I'm not even christian, the book I bought to research the "Historical frame" of my own name, which happens to come from the apostles peter,james,or John (a pseudo christian nomenclature). The fact of the matter is that during the Crusades, virtually all the world was Beaten up by Christianity, and portions of written and spoken histories were re-written in a more church-friendly way. All I did was flip to the H and flip to Herzog, and read, thought it would be valuable, my intenet wasn't to start an argument. Obviously there could be more then one lineage for a given clan. Most recorded history has a "religous Bious" up until about the early 1700s because the only people that could read and write WERE MUNKS. Just to clarify I understand the bias of history, and can discount it, can you? for reference, not hindu, budist, etc, etc.

Zam Man

Hey Herzog is my last name also. I think that the name Herzog means that if you have this as a last name you pretty much are the bomb or something like that.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
way2nosty said:
first off, I am not "Christian biased". in fact, I'm not even christian, the book I bought to research the "Historical frame" of my own name, which happens to come from the apostles peter,james,or John (a pseudo christian nomenclature). The fact of the matter is that during the Crusades, virtually all the world was Beaten up by Christianity, and portions of written and spoken histories were re-written in a more church-friendly way. All I did was flip to the H and flip to Herzog, and read, thought it would be valuable, my intenet wasn't to start an argument. Obviously there could be more then one lineage for a given clan. Most recorded history has a "religous Bious" up until about the early 1700s because the only people that could read and write WERE MUNKS. Just to clarify I understand the bias of history, and can discount it, can you? for reference, not hindu, budist, etc, etc.

I didn't mean to start an arguement either. Most of the research I've done on the name has pointed me in a completely different direction, so when your post came up against the grain I replied defensively. I do take pride in the name and the knowledge I have gained from it, just as any other person with their heritage.

Now that you have drawn my interest, what is the name of this book you have? I want to look into it.

Beers on me. :)

Caleb

Herzog said:
I didn't mean to start an arguement either. Most of the research I've done on the name has pointed me in a completely different direction, so when your post came up against the grain I replied defensively. I do take pride in the name and the knowledge I have gained from it, just as any other person with their heritage.

Now that you have drawn my interest, what is the name of this book you have? I want to look into it.

Beers on me. :)
HEY, don't stop now...don't pretend you don't want to keep argueing(sp?)...we need some entertainment around here :rofl:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Jews as a race.....

race
n.
~A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
~A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
~A genealogical line; a lineage.
Humans considered as a group.

Jew's meet those criteria. I've always considered Jewish people as much of a race as any other. But I also think the entire concept of race is archaic.

Cody

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I'm not sure "complete baldness" fallows much of a pattern

but, I don't see how Jew's are not a race.

If you say you are from Jewish descent, that means something. Just like if you are from German descent, or African descent. You can't really say you are from Catholic descent because that could be from anywhere as there is no specific geographic area that Catholic's come from nor is there a loose set of physical charactaristics that are shared by Catholics.

make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.