Hey Klif!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
There is a bypass for Rocker Knocker? Sheesh! I made it up that in my CJ5 at 84" wheelbase on 33" tires. Klif, you are fully gay. :mad2:

It's an easy obstacle if you have half a testicle. :rolleyes:

Brett

Meat-Hippy
What'd I miss this time?

Oh, I couldn't drive Rocker Knocker the first time I tried it. Turned around and got stuck on that last ledge heading back out the way you come in for two hours. Let me tell ya, rain is great when you are trying to climb out right there.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Alright Klif, I'll be nice. I'll explain the correct line on Rocker knocker.

You start on the right side of the ledges. Yes, I said the right. Head straight up it. When your front tires are about to hit the top ledge, crank all the way to the left. You will now start hopping/bouncing/worrying that you are about to tip over, but you won't (maybe)Any way, your vehicle will crab walk it's way over toward the infamous rock that is the Rocker Knocker. Your front left tire should fall right into the hole just above that rock at about the same time your rear diff stops dragging on the bottom ledge and starts to climb it. It's as simple as that. Works every time on every vehicle I have ever seen do it.

There ya are. Now quit taking the bypasses.

Klif01

Do I bother you?
That makes sense. I have never seen anyone go up it both times I have been on the trail.

The other people I was with went up to the left of the rocker knocker rock!

I will try it next time I'm down there.

The jeep went straight up the middle of the whole thing, lots of gas....

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Klif01 said:
The jeep went straight up the middle of the whole thing, lots of gas....
That's the hardest line. I have only seen one rig make that. It was was extended cab stretched toy on 38" tires. Musta been 125" wheelbase at least.

KToy

iv gone straight up rocker knocker with 37's. and yes i have a toy extra cab at 123 inch wheel base. rear locker only.

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Well obviously I didn't know the right line then, I am at a 108" WB locked front and rear.

It did seem sandy-er than last time though.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Klif01 said:
...I will try it next time I'm down there.

Bring the video camera when you do, we all want to see your eyes bulge out when your rig starts hopping to the side :)

Brett

Meat-Hippy
rusted said:
Bring the video camera when you do, we all want to see your eyes bulge out when your rig starts hopping to the side :)

My reaction was more like this:

"God damn carburator! RUN DAMMIT! RUN!"

Yeah, the carbs on the ol' 2.8 V6's in Cherokee's sucked monkey balls. :greg:

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Hickey said:
Alright Klif, I'll be nice. I'll explain the correct line on Rocker knocker.

You start on the right side of the ledges. Yes, I said the right. Head straight up it. When your front tires are about to hit the top ledge, crank all the way to the left. You will now start hopping/bouncing/worrying that you are about to tip over, but you won't (maybe)Any way, your vehicle will crab walk it's way over toward the infamous rock that is the Rocker Knocker. Your front left tire should fall right into the hole just above that rock at about the same time your rear diff stops dragging on the bottom ledge and starts to climb it. It's as simple as that. Works every time on every vehicle I have ever seen do it.

There ya are. Now quit taking the bypasses.

nice description, now let Ilean show you the way....
47b4d928b3127cce9985def87c9e00000016108AcNmLNszZtm

47b4d928b3127cce9985def9fdaf00000016108AcNmLNszZtm

47b4d928b3127cce9985dee67c8000000016108AcNmLNszZtm

47b4d928b3127cce9985dee7fdb100000016108AcNmLNszZtm

and that is how its done...

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
thats a great sequence of the good line. you can even see the skid marks from his tire hopping along. Just start 4 feet to the right of where you think you should, get your drivers front onto that ledge, turn and scoot that tire until it's in the hole at the top.

Here is a 40k rig doing it---it feels waaay tippy, and with a rig that nice some extra balast is ok.

standard.jpg

Cody

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Cody said:
thats a great sequence of the good line. you can even see the skid marks from his tire hopping along. Just start 4 feet to the right of where you think you should, get your drivers front onto that ledge, turn and scoot that tire until it's in the hole at the top.

Hopping nuthin! Just scrubbing along merrily. :D That is a nice sequence though, John!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Cody said:

Here is a 40k rig doing it---it feels waaay tippy, and with a rig that nice some extra balast is ok.

standard.jpg

Cody

That's a bad@ss WJ......my personal favorite