HF tube bending tips.....

chadbuckner

Oh what a feeling..Toyota
I heard from a friend that the best way to use your Harbor freight tube bender without kinking the tube in tight bends is to fill it with sand and tape the ends. I haven't personally tried it but sounds like it would work real well.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
harbor freight + tight bends = fairy tale....

what size are you trying to bend? I have access to a bender...call me on monday in the PM...we will talk...791-0377

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I think everyone goes thru this stage. It's called the "I want to bend some tube/pipe, and I saw this bender for sale real cheap" phase. It works, but it takes SOOOOOO much time, and repositioning, and does not produce a tight radius. It is just the wrong geometry for a successful bend.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
OPINION say it with me OPINION

I must say save your pennies and buy the right tool for the job.

Or pay/have someone who has the right tool do it for you.

tuck

spud crawler
i am part of the crowd that owns a HF pipe crusher... it's actually not even HF, but some other chinese knock off..

I have never tried sand, but it might just work. anyway, the bender's design is what crushes the tube/pipe.. the die is pressed into the tube like a wedge, and it flattens it, and kind of bends it too...

since I already own the bender, I think i will make use of its parts and make something like this:

bender1.jpg

Moab Beauty

Who said that?
I know a guy that can bend tube great, and well I guess we already know who I am talking about (Lee of course). My boyfriend is extremely good friends with him, and I am pretty sure that he would be willing to help out, or even just stupervise........ Let me know what you think, and I'll get you his number!