High flow power steering pumps in stock?

kawzx10

Does anyone know of a place that might have a psc or similar power steering pump in stock? I'm in Layton but can travel to slc or ogden areas. I'm setting up full hydro and think I'm not getting enough flow. I'm suppose to head to moab on Wednesday so I'm trying to work out the bugs quickly!

mombobuggy

I hope someday to get my own perfected. It is a complex problem unless you spend big bucks on an engineered system. And even then it can be problematic. the vehicles that orbital valves came on forklifts tractors etc. Dont have a very broad r.p.m. range. so it seems on a gas motor you either have not enough flow and pressure. then as the r.p.m. s increase you get so much flow that the pump starts to bypass over the relief valve. In the pump. Creating that lovely squealing noise. The pressure can be safely raised by a few hundred pounds by shimming the relief valve a bit. But that still leaves you with very low working pressure compared to the 2500 lbs that the orbital valve was designed for . Then we throw in things like wide wheels with excessive scrub radius. Lockers in our steering Axles. And its a wonder that they work at all.

mombobuggy

I am also very interested in hearing what works since I have a pretty good idea what is marginal. What say you Experts and Hydraulic engineers.