Hiking in/around Moab

wildkid

...Jeepless...
Does anyone know of some 5-10 miles hikes in the area of Moab. All the times I've been down and I can't think of a single one, save hiking the motorized routes....

Thanks.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Canyonlands?

I can think of many hiking routes just off of motorized trails... but none of them really 5-10 miles long.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Canyonlands?

I can think of many hiking routes just off of motorized trails... but none of them really 5-10 miles long.

Yeah, Canyonlands would be good. I know the Elephant Hill trail has a seperate hiking trail that goes through it. Might be longer than 10 miles though.

notajeep

Just me
There is a back side trail up amasa back that is supposed to be a nice hike. I would mind making the loop from killer kane to clffhanger.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Check out the Elephant Hill to Druid Arch trail, it's amazing. It'll take 2/3 the day, especially this time of year and is a 12 mile round trip, in & out trail. I love that trail, there's some great parts where you're scrambling over rocks, squeezing thru narrows, climbing a ladder, bouldering your way around puddles, etc. Actually, I know I have some pics... let me find them. Elephant Hill to Druid Arch is about a hour south of Moab, in Canyonlands.

Negro Bill canyon is much closer to town, not as amazing & sees a ton more traffic. It's a much easier hike, too. It's up the Colorado River, north east of town. Might take a couple hours, trail follows a small river that might be froze in places.

1001660sv8.jpg

untitled23webqp3.jpg

untitled31webcn3.jpg

untitled43webxl0.jpg

untitled44webvc6.jpg

Brett

Meat-Hippy
The Needles district of Canyonlands is a lot prettier to me than Island in the Sky, and those pics definately help show you that. I need to get back down in that area soon!