South-East Utah Hole in the Rock 2014 Trip Discussion Thread

morg59

Anyone interested in doing a larger group run sometime this year? I have always wanted to run this. Anyone else interested? Lets talk about possible dates and logistics.

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
I have a couple friends interested in going. I planned it for the first weekend in May. They are always the "back out last minute" type, but I'll probably still go. If you or anyone else wants to join, I don't mind. I am taking my wife and kids. I'm up for changing the date as well. Just want to do this trail for sure this year!

morg59

I like the idea of a Memorial Day Weekend run. I am all booked up first weekend in May and then 2nd weekend is Janes Addiction in Vegas

Did anything ever come of this? I was planning a September trip with a few buddies. The last couple local trips have been backed out of last minute. So I totally know how that is as well. If you're still trying to go then I am thinking a few of us here set something up!

I am planning with a couple buddies right now for early September. All are welcome to come. Looking at most previous trip reports online they typically go around March may and September-November for weather concerns.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I just got back today. It was hot and there is little to no shelter on the trail. When I go again, it will be spring or fall when it is cooler.

That's why I was thinking about a September trip. Hopefully it won't be too horribly hot. One of my buddies has suggested a later July trip..... Hellllllll no Lol