Hole in the Rock experts...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'm planning on running the east HITR trail ~Dec. 17th. Plan as of now is to leave Sunday afternoon, spend the night in Hanksville and catch the ferry first thing Monday morning (9am I beleive). That will realistically put us at the trailhead ~11am. So our current plan is to travel 2/3 of the way, set up camp for the night and depending on time & light make the drive out to the "portal" & back to camp.

Tuesday morning with either finish the trail... or drive the Rincon trail and come back to camp. Once again depending on time... possibly head out Tuesday night... stopping for the night where ever we get too tired. Wake up Wednesday and make our way home.

I've even considered going Friday - Tues?... giving us plenty of time to explore the area. My old man's got church duties Sunday so if he's planning on coming in the 62, I'll alter my plans accordinly

So a couple questions for the HITR guru's in the fam...

1. Too agressive of schedule? We should be able to move pretty quick, all decent rigs.

2. Camping? Any recommendations? For logistical reasons I would like to camp as close to the Rincon TH as I possible can, making a trip down to the water an easy possibility.

3. Other thoughts/suggestions?

grizzly_tom

Wheelin Monster
kurt ill try to get work off for that HITR trail. When i asked for the days off the first time i found out that the person i asked doesnt have the athority to deny my request. plus i found out that the person that does have the athority to grant my request is alot easier to convince, he's been letting every body else off that has asked. so he better let me.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
kurt ill try to get work off for that HITR trail. When i asked for the days off the first time i found out that the person i asked doesnt have the athority to deny my request. plus i found out that the person that does have the athority to grant my request is alot easier to convince, he's been letting every body else off that has asked. so he better let me.

Get on it... are you going to find out tonight I assume?

Call me when you get a minute... I need to get your tent money ASAP...