Hole In The Rock Trail

Brett

Meat-Hippy
I've always wanted to run this trail so I am hoping to put a run together for sometime later this year. Most likely, September when Lake Powell is nice and warm as well. Anyone ever ran this trail before and what's it like? Any suggestions as to what else is around there to do?

Maybe also the Wolverine Loop trail as well (it's accessed by the Burr Trail. More fun fun fun.)

Brett

Last edited:

84 4Runner

Restless 'Runner
I did that with my family in the good ol' family Isuzu Trooper with no problems. It wasn't very hard. A few stock Grand Cherokees chickened out about 1/4 mile from the end. :p Fun hike at the end though! You can go right down to Lake Powell.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Originally posted by 84 4Runner
I did that with my family in the good ol' family Isuzu Trooper with no problems. It wasn't very hard. A few stock Grand Cherokees chickened out about 1/4 mile from the end. :p Fun hike at the end though! You can go right down to Lake Powell.
That is if the Lake is nice and full!
Its a fun trail. Damn bumpy access road though!

84 4Runner

Restless 'Runner
Originally posted by RedRockXJ
Least we have some interest in doing it. The more the merrier, even if it is a short trail. lets go swimmin'

I'm not sure if I went there on a bad day or what, but I wouldn't go swimming there! I hiked down there and found a couple of dead fish floating around. :eek: Kind of discouraged me from swimming (and the fact that it was fall and COLD). It was a fun little hike though: beautiful view.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Originally posted by 84 4Runner

I'm not sure if I went there on a bad day or what, but I wouldn't go swimming there! I hiked down there and found a couple of dead fish floating around. :eek: Kind of discouraged me from swimming (and the fact that it was fall and COLD). It was a fun little hike though: beautiful view.

Yeah, I've boated up to that area before, but never hiked up to the top.

Never seen any dead fish in that area though. What other trails would people want to run if we got a trip together for down there.

Brett

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Least we have some interest in doing it. The more the merrier, even if it is a short trail. lets go swimmin'

It is a long trail. at least one night camping on the trail. Not difficult but fun.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
.... What other trails would people want to run if we got a trip together for down there. ...

I got a really cool coffee table book that has shows a bunch of other trails in the area... seems like a week-long trip could easily be made out of it. I'll bring it by monday...

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

I got a really cool coffee table book that has shows a bunch of other trails in the area... seems like a week-long trip could easily be made out of it. I'll bring it by monday...

Sounds cool...it's not that big book of all the Utah trails that we sell here is it?