Hole in the Rock Trail

kirk86CJ

I am going to go in a couple weeks. I did the same trail last year. Last year we dropped our stuff off in a wash with a big overhang (dont remember the name)- maybe 5 miles from the airport. We went in and back to there to camp. It ended up being a long day - got back after dark. This time we want to go in a little further to drop our stuff off for camp. We have two full days to do the trail. Does anyone have any ideas on where would be a good place to camp. Also I have read about a couple side trips. Any suggestions or write ups?

Thanks
Kirk

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
We usually camp at Lake Canyon the night before the run. It's the first big canyon that you drop into, there are a bunch of Cottonwoods and sand. I think it's just before the spot that you're talking about. We hit the trail in the morning, and set up camp on some slickrock just before you top out on Wilson Mesa. There are some cool short hikes from this spot. Once we set camp, we run to the end of the trail and back to camp. Next morning, drive back to first camp. Usually finish the trail by mid afternoon. Then, your able to catch the first ferry back to Bullfrog the next day.