Holiday Theft Season.

Chevycrew

Times are tough, make sure you keep your stuff locked up and/or out of sight.

I had a set of used 4.56 14 bolt gears and carrier, stolen from my house over the last week. They were in front of my garage inside a tote, tote was left, but contents gone.

I have enough info to identify them if they turn up, not likely, but you never know.

No charges if they make it back to me, and keep your eye out.

Thanks! (Time to lock up the rest of my stuff!)

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Has to be someone that you invited over, how else would they know exactly where to look? I need to do better about securing things as well, I think that living up on the hill gives some folks a false sense of security with our bright street lamps and nightly police patrols.

Chevycrew

The funny thing is, no one knew they were there, nor have I had company since they were put there.

There was much more that was easy to carry, and worth more as well (ie tools)

jdub

Scrambler
Wow! Not that they aren't of value, but that would be the last think I'd steal.

From a Bike industry point-of-view, we are hearing of many bikes stolen out of garages. Unlike axle parts, bikes can roll away easily.

Regardless, Sucks to know someone unwelcome has been snooping around your place.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Nothing suprizes me anymore, this summer I had a sidekick on a flatbed in front of my house for 2 weeks and when I went t part it out the whole front diff was gone, housing and all...... I had a kid coming by asking me about stuff for his sidekick and he had a broken housing on his, I haven't seen him for quite some time now..

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
My neighbor was robbed thanksgiving evening. Sucky thing is that I was home and didn't notice :mad:. He said they got away with about $30k in jewelery, guns, and cash. I think I may just get a camera system.

'03_RUBI

Times are tough, make sure you keep your stuff locked up and/or out of sight.

I had a set of used 4.56 14 bolt gears and carrier

Nothing suprizes me anymore, this summer I had a sidekick on a flatbed in front of my house for 2 weeks and when I went t part it out the whole front diff was gone, housing and all......

Both sound like scrap metal scroungers to me, I had some scrap metal taken from the side of my house that was not worth anything besides scrap. They will take anything metal and heavy.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'd be tempted to leave an old (one you can stand to loose), FULL gas can in sight, near where the gears were... except fill it half with water & half with gas. Give the thieves the gas they need to get to their next 'work' site... ;)

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I'd be tempted to leave an old (one you can stand to loose), FULL gas can in sight, near where the gears were... except fill it half with water & half with gas. Give the thieves the gas they need to get to their next 'work' site... ;)

That's a fantastic idea.

gorillaxj

Always building hardly wheeling
this is one more reason to add to the list of why I don't like this time of year... I need a garage to lock my vehicle and stuff in.

Sorry on the bad luck. hope I make it threw this year untouched (hasn't happened yet)

MOODY

Bald Guy
We just had a string of shed thefts in our neighborhood...I had a gas can stolen and my neighbor had a leaf blower, weed eater, and some other stuff stolen. Our neighborhood is generally very quiet.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo

This is sorta what I have going on my bumper mounted fuel can. I keep diesel in a red can. I figure if it's stolen and used in a spark infester, justice would be served.