Holley pro jection

4x4less

ELLIS
If any of you have the Holley two barrel pro jection system (analongue or digital), let me know. I need to talk to you. I Think my ECU is bad and I don't have any way to check it. Yes I have checked all of the other things you check with these pro-jections systems. It WAS running and now it is dead!
Thanks ELLIS

chevtech

Seasoned Mall Cruiser
bobdog said:
How are you planning on checking it?

I've installed two of them, and my brother in law still has it on his truck. The model I installed is about ten years old now though. How old is yours?

4x4less

ELLIS
I don't know

It doesn't matter how old the system is. I couldn't tell you how old it is, probably at least six years though. Holleys digital and analogue computers are interchangable. So it won't matter.

Bobdog-I just need to plug a working computer into my harness and see if I get the signal to my injectors. I could go into more detail such as, put a noid light on my plug to the injectors. Plug the other computer in, and crank the motor. But I think that part is pretty self explanatory. Sorry, that is my smart a** side shining through!
ELLIS

chevtech

Seasoned Mall Cruiser
4x4less said:
It doesn't matter how old the system is. I couldn't tell you how old it is, probably at least six years though. Holleys digital and analogue computers are interchangable. So it won't matter.

Bobdog-I just need to plug a working computer into my harness and see if I get the signal to my injectors. I could go into more detail such as, put a noid light on my plug to the injectors. Plug the other computer in, and crank the motor. But I think that part is pretty self explanatory. Sorry, that is my smart a** side shining through!
ELLIS

Do you have spark? No spark, no fuel on that system. Is it getting a good tach signal to the ECU? That is where I have seen multiple failures on that system. It has got to have a good connection to the negative side of the coil, and the secondary ignition system has to be working. Crank the vehicle over while checking the tach feed (negative side of the coil) to the ECU with a test light connected to ground. Check it at the ECU. Your test light should blink on and off rapidly while you are cranking it.

4x4less

ELLIS
yes yes and yes

I have checked everything. I didn't mention that in my original post like I did in my post in the technical talk section. Everything is functioning correct except no pulse signal to the injecors. I have 13v through the main power, I have 13v in the tach singnal, I have volts in the starter solenoid wire, my ground loop is good, my injectors open, my motor runs if you pour gas straight into the tbi. I have checked it all, it's gotta be my ecu. So, does anyone have one I could borrow for 30 seconds. That is all I need. I can pay you if I need to. If that is what it takes to help a guy out these days.
ELLIS

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
4x4less said:
I can pay you if I need to. If that is what it takes to help a guy out these days.
ELLIS

I doubt thats it, its just that not too many people run the holley projection setup. Plus what will you do if they plug their ecm and your harness throws a voltage spike that takes out the injector drivers? unlikely...but possible.

Have you checked the injector plugs with a noid light? obviously,if no signal, so have you checked further up the harness? just a thought

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I run the projection system. I would be glad to try and help diagnose(but it sounds like you know what you are doing). There is no way I would plug my computer into you rig without knowing what took out your computer.

4x4less

ELLIS
umhu

Well, I can guess at what caused it to go out. Probably the body shop guy who left it outside during the big storms we got during december. No top on it, computer on the floor uncovered except by the seat. Either that or he stole my working computer and put a broken one in it's place. I wouldn't put anything past that crook. He lost my keys and so he busted my column apart and then I had to fix that. He stole my gas cap, he left my cruiser with no paint on the new body parts and no top on it outside for two months. Then he didn't even paint it! I don't think my system would do anything to your computer, but there is always that risk. If something were to happen I would run over to time and buy you a new computer. That would mean you would get the digital computer. Then you could put the closed loop with the O2 sensor.
ELLIS
PM me a number I could call you at.

chevtech

Seasoned Mall Cruiser
BBowski82 said:
I doubt thats it, its just that not too many people run the holley projection setup. Plus what will you do if they plug their ecm and your harness throws a voltage spike that takes out the injector drivers? unlikely...but possible.

That is exactly why. Plus it's not mine to loan anymore. If it were mine I'd loan it to you no problem.

Sorry.

P.S. Let us know what you find. I've spent way to much time working on those systems and I'm curious as to what failed this time.

Last edited: