holley projection:conclusion

4x4less

ELLIS
Ah yes the problem is solved! It was a number of things. First off, the computer was bad! That doesn't happen much. There is a story behind that. The crackhead who was supposed to paint my cruiser left it outside during all of the big snow storms and thus fried my computer. Problem two, my battery was trashed so when I would crank the motor all the volts would drop to about 7. We all know you need at least 8v. Third problem, my injectors are clogged and stuck shut.
I bought a new digital computer from Time automotive and then went to find out if I could still get the injectors which were discontinued two years ago. I bought some off of EbayMotors. I should have them on Thursdayish.
Looks like she's comin to Moab afterall.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I am curious about the digital computer. How much are they? Are they a plug in retrofit for an analog comp or do you use a different harness? Is it a true closed loop system? are there any extra sensors besides a Oxy sensor? (Manifold pressure sensor for example)

chevtech

Seasoned Mall Cruiser
4x4less said:
Ah yes the problem is solved! It was a number of things. First off, the computer was bad! That doesn't happen much. There is a story behind that. The crackhead who was supposed to paint my cruiser left it outside during all of the big snow storms and thus fried my computer. Problem two, my battery was trashed so when I would crank the motor all the volts would drop to about 7. We all know you need at least 8v. Third problem, my injectors are clogged and stuck shut.
I bought a new digital computer from Time automotive and then went to find out if I could still get the injectors which were discontinued two years ago. I bought some off of EbayMotors. I should have them on Thursdayish.
Looks like she's comin to Moab afterall.

I had my injectors (same projection system too) do the same thing once. I'm trying to remember, but I think I was able to literally take them apart, and clean them by hand. I can't remeber what I used to clean them with though. I want to say WD-40 of all things! After I cleaned them they worked fine and are still working fine now and that happened over 7 years ago!

You might give it a try.

4x4less

ELLIS
it is a closed loop system

The digital computer plugs right into the same analogue harness. It is a true closed loop system if you buy the closed loop harness. The computer has two plugs on the back, one is for the regular harness, and the second is for the closed loop harness if you choose to use it. I didn't buy the kit because Time didn't have one in stock. I paid 280 for the digital computer, crappy but I didn't have much choice now did I?!