Holley Truck Avenger CFM Options

gcb17

I'm getting a Holley Truck Avenger for the AMC 360 in my CJ, and I have read that they are jetted too rich from the factory. Half the people on the forums say the 470 CFM is the way to go; the other half says to get the 670 CFM (some swap the jets after purchase). What makes more sense? I only want to do this once.

It's a rebuilt 360 block, 304 heads (I think... long story), stock intake (may upgrade when I get the carb), with the only performance mods being emissions stuff removed and a flowmaster.

Thoughts?

Cherokeester

I am over carbed on my 304 with the 470 but I think the 470 is to small for the 360. Go with the 670 and downsize the jets to suite your application. I would recommend the Edelbrock Performer intake and cam set that Summit sells and a good set of headers. You should be good to go with that setup.

Also, get a good ignition setup. For your dizzy if you go HEI then get one from DUI. Do not buy a cheapie from ebay. They will eat your cam gear in a hurry and you will be hosed. You can go with an MSD setup and that will work really well too.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I had the 670 on my stock 345 for a long time. I never messed with it and it worked great right out of the box.

I would try it out before you start changing jets and I agree.....the 470 is way to small for you