Holy Crap!!!

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Supergper said:
:cool:

PM'd ya...have fun :D

now you can see what we're all adicted to :rofl:
Thanks. Downloading now, (at 200kb/sec :greg: ) and the web pages are still flying! This rules! Just bought a wireless g router and pcmcia card for 29.99 after rebate from Best Buy. Might have to log off for ling enough to get them working.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I wish the upstream matched the downstream. Sucks having to upload large files across the Comcast cable connection.

Elsewise the downstream is pretty nice. :cool:

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Basic service in Utah is currently 3000k (that is 375K download speed), by March 31st it will be upgraded to 4000k (that is 500K download speed). The upload is being upgrades as well, i just can't recall the speeds off the top of my head. Then if you want to pay more per month you can get even faster.

Caleb

muleskinner said:
RockMonkey said:
Thanks. Downloading now, (at 200kb/sec :greg: ) QUOTE]

I hit 320kb/sec this morning :) :) :cool: mine seems to be around 220kb on average.

a lot of that depends on the server on the other end...go download something off microsofts site, you can REALLY get up there form there...you can usually pull off my site at around 300 kb/s unless I have a bunch of people downloading stuff...

Caleb

rusted said:
Basic service in Utah is currently 3000k (that is 375K download speed), by March 31st it will be upgraded to 4000k (that is 500K download speed). The upload is being upgrades as well, i just can't recall the speeds off the top of my head. Then if you want to pay more per month you can get even faster.

rumors that the uplaod is going to be around 768 :greg: that would be sooooo nice if its true...

Herzog said:
I wish the upstream matched the downstream. Sucks having to upload large files across the Comcast cable connection.

Elsewise the downstream is pretty nice.:cool:

yep, thats my biggest complaint about comcast...and their CS isn't real great...

BioNuke1

Jeepsus Chrystler
I use download accelerator plus, it doesnt matter what file I download or from where.... its always like 300k

Caleb

BioNuke1 said:
I use download accelerator plus, it doesnt matter what file I download or from where.... its always like 300k

um...if the server hosting the file cant support 300K (meaning the servers upload speed) then no matter what you use will not allow it to go 300K...most of the accelerator programs are nothing more than something that downloads a part of the file before it starts to show any progress...then it fudges what its actual speed is...there is no way to get speed from something thats not there...

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
So, I hooked up the wireless router. So cool... Sitting on my couch here, no wires. I even unplugged my power cord, just because I can. :greg: