Holy Crap!

StrobeNGH

no user title
About 6:50-ish I was driving West on I-80 through Parleys. Just East of Lambs Canyon there were 3 cars racing Eastbound on I-80 (a WRX, Mustang, and something else).

The WRX was in the Eastbound fast lane when it jerked to the right. The driver over corrected, came into the median at a 15 degree angle, exited the median onto the westbound lanes at a 30 degree angle and hit the left front tire of a Suburban heading west.

The Suburban had just passed me (doing at least 85 and weaving in and out of traffic). There were a bunch of kids in the back seats.

After the WRX hit the Sub, the suburban catapulted over the WRX (and I mean catapulted . . . the WRX pushed the sub a little to the right, and the front left tire of the sub dug into the asphalt, but the back of the sub didn't stop and it flew into the air, angling over the subaru, and pulled the suburban with it), rolled 3 times, and came to a stop on the right side of the road, at a right angle to I-80. It landed on its wheels.

I was about 75 yards behind the suburban when I saw the WRX go out of control. I managed to get myself slowed down enough to dodge the WRX on the left shoulder of the road.

The Driver of the WRX put his left wrist through the windshield, and was wandering around swearing and bleeding all over himself.

A bunch of people who the WRX passed stopped and were going to kill the kid, so I drug him to my truck and sat him on my bumper and waited for the cops to show up. They said that the kid was doing at least 110 when he passed them going UP Parleys.

The passenger in the WRX ran off. I never saw him again.

All of the people in the Sub were said to be fine. The kids were obviously shaken up, but I never got over to them. I had to sit with the kid driving the WRX and make sure he didn't do anything stupid.

For those thinking about buying a Subaru or Suburban: Do it.
The Subaru hit the sub at about 50. All the airbags deployed, and the engine compartment was gone, but both doors opened just fine, and there was nothing wrong with the passenger compartment.

The windshield and roof of the suburban were mashed in pretty good, but all of the doors opened, and the passenger compartment held up really well.

Everyone walked away from the accident.

Moral of the story:

Don't drive like an idiot, and always pay attention to what is going on around you.

The Suburban never saw it coming. All of the other cars around the suburban hit their brakes, but the suburban never touched his brakes.

projektdotnet

Cruiserhead
:O!!! Wow glad you and everyone else (except maybe the mysterious dissapearing passenger that you never saw again) appeared to be ok!