Holy f-balls...

skeptic

While driving home tonight I looked up and saw someone on the Interstate coming toward me in the fast lane/shoulder. Thinking it was a drunk driver that didn't realize where they were I drifted over to half way between the middle lane and the slow lane to give him extra room. Just before we passed he swerved AT me, and I emergency swerved away and missed him by 2 or 3 feet at most. All this happened, from the time I saw him until we passed, in maybe 2 or 3 seconds. It happened too quick to get a good idea how fast he was going, but I'm pretty sure he was hauling ass. Shortly behind this guy was a train of cop cars (on the correct side of the highway). A friend in the passenger seat pulled out her phone and launched a police scanner app, and they were already calling in a head-on accident and calling for life flight. Checking the rear view, no cars were behind me. I'm pretty sure the car behind me didn't successfully dodge the guy.

If anyone wants to look up the details (probably tomorrow), this was I-15 South near Ogden.

I would not have guessed I could swerve an H2 that hard at 75mph and keep it under control.

skeptic

Good, f'er essentially tried to murder me. After some prodding by my wife, I'll be calling UHP tomorrow and tell them the crash was intentional. My opinion, he's dead and that's that. Her opinion, call anyway.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Wow, good driving on your part. I'd like to think I could do the same in the same situation. It pays to pay attention to everything and I mean everything around you while driving. If you don't know what's 3 seconds in front of you and 3 seconds behind you at all times you need to start learning how to do it.

skeptic

Just got off the phone with UHP. The investigating officer is sleeping now, but apparently he will need to speak with me later.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
I had a car pull into my oncoming lane last week (divided highway) and they honked and flashed their lights at ME like I was the one in the wrong. Until they realized what was going on and flipped a U turn.

airmanwilliams

The guy he hit and killed(Carlos Valdez)worked as a Courier and delivered surgical instruments to us at the hospital all the time. Great guy and had a good sized family with a boy he was helping to recover from something. He will be missed.