Home brew

Tjjeepjunkie

J.A.M. Off-Road Racing
I am just wondering if anyone has ever brewed beer at home i am most likely going to go shopping around for some kits tonight and wondered if anyone has any helpful info or sweet flavors to try.

thanx

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Tjjeepjunkie said:
I am just wondering if anyone has ever brewed beer at home i am most likely going to go shopping around for some kits tonight and wondered if anyone has any helpful info or sweet flavors to try.

thanx

So where you living now :p

Try the Beer Nut. 1200 S. and State. The owners is very cool and knows his stuff. He is one of the owners of the Bayou too.

( I wish I could drink beer :( )

Tjjeepjunkie

J.A.M. Off-Road Racing
rckcrlr said:
So where you living now :p

Try the Beer Nut. 1200 S. and State. The owners is very cool and knows his stuff. He is one of the owners of the Bayou too.

( I wish I could drink beer :( )

I AM IN PROCESS OF MOVING INTO A HOUSE WITHIN THE NEXT MONTH I HOPE

YEAH I CHECKED OUT BEER NUTS WEB SITE SOUNDS COOL I MIGHT GO THERE AFTER WORK THANX

JeeperG

I think his keyboard is broken :D Yea I would say try beer nut as well. I know "Big Bear" on RME brews all the time.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
V-DAWG said:
You on probation?
:D :rofl: :rofl:

That's funny given what I do for a living....

Beer started giving me heartburn when I was about 23 or so. It progressively got worse to the point that even a sip will give me terible heartburn now. I have to stick with ciders, vodka drinks, and mixed drinks. :(
I really like beer, now I just stiff it like a glass of wine....it is really sad.
Even had a Doc who's goal was to cure me so I could drink it again, after 6 months of testing we gave up. :(

Tjjeepjunkie

J.A.M. Off-Road Racing
Gosh i like to yell though. ok off to beer nut tonight
my work keyboard is always on caps lock

Marc quit your crying and drink a beer and eat a dang quesadilla.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
My sugggestion would be to leave the kits and go all grain. The improvement will amaze you. It takes more time but is much more satisfying to turn a bag of barley into a tasty beverage, than to just stir extract into water and boil.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
bobdog said:
My sugggestion would be to leave the kits and go all grain. The improvement will amaze you. It takes more time but is much more satisfying to turn a bag of barley into a tasty beverage, than to just stir extract into water and boil.

I agree, but do you think Jake really cares about taste and satisfaction....He is just hoping to find away to drink more beer for less $$ than PBR. :D

Tjjeepjunkie

J.A.M. Off-Road Racing
rckcrlr said:
I agree, but do you think Jake really cares about taste and satisfaction....He is just hoping to find away to drink more beer for less $$ than PBR. :D

Taste is always better but i dont really care to much but damn i spend alot of money on beer and yes i am trying to make this beer drinking hobby cheaper. :D

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Tjjeepjunkie said:
Taste is always better but i dont really care to much but damn i spend alot of money on beer and yes i am trying to make this beer drinking hobby cheaper. :D

Homebrewing is not going to save you a dime. It will cost you more, but it will give you a better apreciation of beer. Extract brewing is expensive. All grain is a lot cheaper after you own the equipment to do it. If I buy domestic barley and step my yeast up from a previous batch I can make 10 gallons of really great quality microbrew for about $20 I usually spend more though because the time it takes me is worth a lot to me and I don't care about the cost of the ingrredients.