Honda NX650 questions

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Do you experienced guys know anything about these old bikes?

Its a 89 and shows its age but it runs and works.

Might be trading my M12000 winch for it.

Ive been wanting a dual sport for a long dang time and this might be the only opportunity i have to get one.

My biggest question is will it have enough power to tote my large self around the mountains? Im 6'2" 235 lbs

Any info would be great!

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
The NX isn't that common of a bike (that I am aware of anyway...) but they still have the later motor design shared with the XR/XL which is considered legendary :D Typically with clean fuel and clean oil these motors will run forever and the air/oil cooled Honda's in general are very easy to service and repair--love them and leave them. The NX is not the type of bike that you would fall in love with on tight single track, rocky trails or high speed desert. I think its best suited for a ride up the canyon or on moderate dirt roads and atv trails and exploring in general.

Anyway your best bet may be to dig around on ADVrider.com http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252960 for some first hand experience with these machines. Oh and don't just settle for one because you can get it for a good deal. It is worth being patient and waiting to get a bike that fits your needs, but if this one does that then jump on it! Hope this helps,

Andrew

Last edited:

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Thats kind of what I expected. It looks to be pretty heavy.

Of course the last bike I owned was a 82 Yamaha 250 when I was 15ish. It was a tank for me back then but tons of fun.

Im kind of thinking this might be a good bike for me to get back into it. I dont plan on doing super technical trails.....yet

I guess we will see