Hookup on tires???

George

I just bought some tires yesterday because my $65 muds 33X12.5 a piece tires weren't going to make it in in time for EJS.

What I found at discount tire was Mastercraft, General, and Kuhmo muds for $100 each. Then for and extra $15 I have the free replacement coverage if I rip a sidewall or the tire in not repairable.

Big O had Mud Kings for $100 also.

P

pokeyYJ

Big O in Bountiful has always treated me well. They usually have some good used tires also, if you are looking at going that way.

Wanker Delux

The Other Greg
If your in ogden, go to Jack's tire & oil... They will treat you right. There is no playing with prices, the price the give you includes full instlation and some other lifetime goodies.

I got my A/T 225 75 r15's for about 65 bucks each... INSTALLED!

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
OOOh... Gripe time! I hate Big O and will never do business with them again! When I bought my Jeep it had 33 x 12.50 Big Foot All Terrains (Big Foots' brand tire). These tires come with a lifetime warranty and one of my tires had major problems. It was cupped really bad and I couldn't go over 50 on the free way because it was so out of balance. I remember getting them balanced for free at Big O and they probably put 5 pounds of weight on one side of the rim. I remember the whole inside of the rim was covered with weight and it did nothing!!!! :eek:

It got so bad... I got a slow leak from that tire from guess what.... a tiny little thorn in a dirt field that a bike tire can handle!!!!!!! Finally I asked for a replacement and they wouldn't give it to me because I couldn't show proof of buying the tires... I didn't buy them, the previous owner of my jeep did. Regardless they should stick by their warranty and fix a faulty tire that they guarantee! I was so pissed. :mad:

I was a local there, I went to Big O once a week to get the tire repaired or rebalanced because of all the problems. Good thing they still gave me free balances and flat fixes.

:D

You might try Josh (trd270 on here), he works at Gonda Tire and Service. I was thinking he might post, but maybe he hasn't been on for a few days.. I'll give him a nudge and see what he has to offer..

George

Regardless they should stick by their warranty and fix a faulty tire that they guarantee! I was so pissed.

I wouldn't have warrantied them either. The warranty is to the original purchaser and they do not cover wear caused by alignment or some other mechanical issue of the vehicle resulting in improper (cupping) wear.

Stumper

I have found a great deal at tire shop in Bountiful. I just picked up 33 X 10.50 BFG M/T KM for $132 a piece out the door. Mounted, balanced, free rotations and balance, with road hazard. I have bought 6 sets at that price. PM or email me if you want more info on who to talk to and where it is. Im not sure if they would want me spreading those prices around the net. I would hate to get anyone in trouble.
I can also get a killer deal for the A/T's as well. From what I recall...33 X 12.50 A/T at about $118-$122 out the door.

HTH

Stumper

troutbum

cubi-kill
tirerack is decent, nothing special for BFGs but pretty good prices on goodyear, 4wheelparts said that goodyear owns trierack...no idea if it is true, but they were the best prices I could find on MTRs

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by troutbum
tirerack is decent, nothing special for BFGs but pretty good prices on goodyear, 4wheelparts said that goodyear owns trierack...no idea if it is true, but they were the best prices I could find on MTRs

Rick at Utah valley Tire (4th South West Temple) will hook anyone up with a Goodyear tire.........tell him I sent you and give him your best price (printed works best)....

84 4Runner

Restless 'Runner
Originally posted by ledhead
You might try Josh (trd270 on here), he works at Gonda Tire and Service. I was thinking he might post, but maybe he hasn't been on for a few days.. I'll give him a nudge and see what he has to offer..

Yeah. Try Gonda Tire and Service (Josh). 940 W. Jewel Ave (1940 S.). Call first (leave a message) at 908-5880. He should be able to get you a good deal on just about any tire you want.

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Originally posted by George

I wouldn't have warrantied them either. The warranty is to the original purchaser and they do not cover wear caused by alignment or some other mechanical issue of the vehicle resulting in improper (cupping) wear.

Dude, the tire that was cupped and really crappy was on the back! My alignment is fine. I don't have any camber issues or any offset tires. It was a faulty tire and that was that.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by tweakeyjeep

Dude, the tire that was cupped and really crappy was on the back! My alignment is fine. I don't have any camber issues or any offset tires. It was a faulty tire and that was that.

Alignment is not just about the steering axle. A good alignment shop will do an all wheel alignment. Tell me how many times you have seen a rig (truck, car, 18 wheeler, whatever) running down the road sideways.

Additionally, running improper tire pressures will affect the wear patterns on your tires. Not to mention the multiple mechanical systems that connect the tire to the frame......shocks, suspension, bearings...all of these things (if out of spec) can cause a tire to begin an irregular wear pattern. Once a wear pattern begins to establish itself, there are few things you can do to erase it, although on a car (or a Jeep) it is much easier to erase than on an 18 wheeler.

You don't have to believe a word I am saying, and I hate to be the guy who says stuff like this, but I work for a major tire company, and I deal with irregular wear situations every single day.
My last comment on tires is .......

you get what you pay for.