Horse Head Count

Houndoc

Horsemen speak out!

Wondering who all we have here with horses, what you ride and what your main equine activities are.

My herd of six includes:

Wes bareback  12.jpg
"Lovey" (registered name SA Star Struck), a soon-to-be 20 year old Arabian mare

running.jpg
"Rafiki" unregistered 11 year old QH gelding

Magic at home.jpg
"Magic" (registered name Twaynas Magic), 17 year old QH gelding

Jack at home.jpg
"Moki" unregistered 10 year old QH gelding

helmet.jpg
"Tagg" 5 year old mustang gelding, out of the Salt Wells herd SE of Green River, WY.

in the rain.jpg
"Taia" (registered name actually the same, very odd). 21 year old QH mare.

When I am in town, try to ride 2-3 days a week, usually short arena work. Otherwise trail ride, games etc are main uses of the horses. Kids are/have done 4-H as well, with my youngest daughter currently showing both Moki and Tagg in 4-H.

MattL

I dont have horses but the neighbor does. Ive only started to ride some of his. You have some good looking horses.

Houndoc

I don't have any horses buy while we're on the topic do you guys know anywhere/anyone I can lease a horse from?

I will certainly keep my ears open. Word of mouth is how I have found most of mine.

Tell me more what you are looking for (age, use, rider skill level etc).

KSL is good, I also found a Facebook group "Utah Horse Buy, Sell, Trade" or something along those lines. I have not been part of the group for long, but lots of postings.

I will certainly keep my ears open. Word of mouth is how I have found most of mine.

Tell me more what you are looking for (age, use, rider skill level etc).

KSL is good, I also found a Facebook group "Utah Horse Buy, Sell, Trade" or something along those lines. I have not been part of the group for long, but lots of postings.

Well I'm looking for my fiance. She is an experienced rider/trainer. She's trained and broken horses before and went to school for large animal veterinary...type..stuff.... even though that's not what she does now. Now she works for Adobe. ...anyway...she has more experience than most. I'm trying to find her a lease as a gift. I do know she likes a quick sporty type of horse.

Thanks for the help. I'll search around some more. I did look on KSL and didn't find anything too promising. She lives in Lehi and most of the options were quite a ways up North. I really know nothing about horses. Just trying to be a good boyfriend here.

Houndoc

I will certainly keep my eyes open and let you know if I hear of anything.

Another good source could be a Facebook group "Utah Horse Buy, Sell, Trade"